Should cameras be used to monitor American streets for crime?

Discussion in 'Political Polls' started by IANABIAP, May 8, 2011.

1. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

Oh hell no, I just don't have the time to run around wrecking all those cameras.

2. odonII

odonII O

Just sayin'

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't have a problem with CCT cameras in public places. I myself have benefited from such devices when my car was broken into. My friends have similar experiences and face it, if you're not doing anything wrong then you've got nothing to worry about. If you're a dodgy **** and up to dodgy things in public areas, good riddance to you cocksuckers.

tjr1964 likes this.
  4. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Why not ....
    I have nothing to hide or fear .

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Women have a lot to fear. Being ogled at constantly, getting robbed ,raped and / or killed just for being women / girls. This may not be a popular opinion right now, but if a woman feels constantly threatened , harassed or is attacked--then I think women should attend a class on firearms and how to use them , practice with them ,get a permit if required and keep them at the ready when out and about. Why should they have to constantly take shit from dick headed men that have no respect for them. Now I'm not saying pull out a gun if some guy is being flirtatious---but just be ready if an action gets threatening.

AS far as ubiquitous cameras seeing everyone's moves everywhere---don't think that's a good idea. Maybe in extremely high crime areas that might work.

wrat1 and tjr1964 like this.
  6. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cameras are already installed. Some might question private security cameras.
    I just visited You tube: A bear can't even take a dump in the woods without a trail-cam picking it up.

7. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Cameras are EVERYWHERE and big brother is watching

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

London now has a network of cameras that can track your days movements, long after you have forgotten.
    ULEZ tracks our cars for pollution and their is a rumour that us mere humans will have to pay a charge every time we fart.
    Before much longer, we will have to take people home before we murder them, but our internal security cameras are probably recorded by the government
    The old saying, "It's nice to have a wife in the house, as long as she's not your own", will soon be relegated to history.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

They are everywhere now.

You can't drive on the freeway most places without being tracked.

Walking down the street you are being monitored and scrutinized by facial recognition software like in the TV Series 'Person of Interest.'

The future is here already.

wrat1 likes this.
  10. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I see what you did

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

a few years back there was a very interesting tv show that challenged people to disappear for a certain amount of time and some ex LEOS and PI's would would use every available means to find you it did not last long 1 season I think and only 1 maybe 2 were succesful and one by literal seconds
    it was called Hunted

~Zen~ likes this.