Should be on the main page

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by RetroGroove_Grrl, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Am I thge only outraged one about this not being on the main site?

2. Green

Green Iconoclastic

No, it pisses me off daily.

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Well, we wouldn't want to be considered whiny. :rolleyes:

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I have no clue where it is
    I jsut click it from the Latest Posts thinger...

5. happykoala

happykoala Member

It bugs me too.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

it would get more traffic. despite what anyone thinks, men do have important issues to discuss, and frankly, more women need to get over here on THEIR territory and hear what they're actually thinking. if it's on MEN'S territory, women are less likely to get all confrontational about it.

7. Hanzo Sword

Hanzo Sword Member

I believe the initial concern about having a Men's Issues Forum at all was that a previous attempt a couple years ago didn't result in much forum activity. But I believe many of the posters here have proven that they have serious topics in mind and questions and insights about issues affecting men's lives. Also worth mentioning is that we now have multiple pages worth of threads and one thread that even reached 100 posts. I'd say that warrants main-page status.

(I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank the mods for setting up this forum in the first place.)

8. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

if at anytime, the powers that be, decide that this forum should be on the main board and acknowledge that men do not only have issues but also have a safe forum to air and discuss them.......I will gladly turn over all posts and opinions, with my blessings.

I started this forum with Matt as I felt that there was a need for a men's forum.

Until that time that there may be a change, we have this forum........nothing else I can do.

Matt and I have made this is as unbias as we can.
    So post and share.

Your board gentlemen (and ladies), and post as you will........

You know..........life is what we make it.

So use the board to your advantge until there is a change. ;)

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

If someone can NICELY place a post in User Support it might help. However, if the post is too confrontational, or nasty, it will DELAY or completely prevent the page going main page. I'd LOVE to see the MIF on the main page and have said so, several times.

A NICE well thought out, well written post on User Support or even Smoke Signals may help. But keep it cool.

10. taoflipflower

taoflipflower Member

i think it fits well...

men's issues; sweep them under carpet, hide them, deny they exist!!

:rolleyes:

11. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Thats great

12. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Men's issues? What about OUR issues? Wimmin are still oppressed you whining crybabies you have it easy etc. rant blah

13. mynameiskc

i'd hazard a guess and say that little things like that are probably why this isn't on the main page.

14. David54

David54 Member

Didn't get enough traffic to get on the main page? That's a little bit of revised history there. The old one got more traffic than almost any of the other personal pages, and considerably more traffic than, say, the History forum. The reason back then, and probably still now, was that Skip felt the same way as Iron Goth does. Despite several landslide polls in the Women's Issues forum and the Suggestions forum.

15. Heat

Thank you once again Maggie for the support and assistance that you have given us.

I have posted a note under User Support and I hope that no flames are posted there. There is not a need for any to be.

I will continue to host this forum as I do think it is needed and we will go from there as no matter what, I will continue to keep this one open for those that wish to post here.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Heat

16. mynameiskc

i'm almost absolutely positive that irongoth was being sarcastic.

17. Heat

I am not sure why you feel the women being oppressed in many sectors of today's society means that there should not be a men's forum???????

Reality is that, yes, women are still oppressed many times but that does not make it negligible that men do have a right to their own forum....the two do not have any correlation.

While at many times the gender issues will blend and be very similar but from a different perspective, that does not mean that one is more important than the other.

Equality means just that...equal but at times with a different slant. Not without balance if there is communication and listening.

18. mynameiskc

sorry, i forgot to make a statement in support of the main page status. byt he time i got there it was too late.

19. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Its a good thing I didn't make it.

20. makno

makno Senior Member

mens issues ...how stupid a concept .....womens issues ....how divisive ....old issues young issues black ones white ones ...divide and conquer .....politics is slavery

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.