Should all drugs be legal?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by JE303, Aug 1, 2019.

1. JE303

JE303 A little paranoid and a lot of rock and roll

Not that I am going to run out and do it but imo it is very silly to still have all of these substances schedule 1 & 2. Especially sweet Mary Jane. If these were legal and regulated then maybe we would not have abuse of them and not have so many people in jail for non violent offenses. I mean heck more destructive drugs like alcohol and tobacco are legal and more people die from lung cancer or dui and the like then pot.

2. Slunted

Slunted 'long time listener, first time caller'

Make them all legal give people freedom of choice, Just tariff and tax them like alcohol and tobacco. Create Industry and revenue.

3. JE303

Yep except as a general rule I don't like commercialization. The other potential problem would be big business would decimate the smaller mom and pop type businesses and that would not be good. I would be willing to spend a little more from a mom and pop store for quality rather than bulk made that in the end is not quite good or all stems and seeds. Mass produced products generally speaking are of poor quality at least in my experience. Hell maybe I just ought to go back to buying a nickel bag from the kid down the street. Lol.

Sluntedcock likes this.
  4. Slunted

I completely agree with weed, but A class should be regulated and controlled.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think all drugs should be legal. However, I'm not as convinced as you that it would curb abuse but with known purity and controlled doses, there will likely be less overdoses and other problems associated with illicit drugs.

Perhaps a lot of the resources for non-violent drug users in jails could be redirected towards addiction treatment centers, sanitary supplies, etc.

JE303 likes this.
  6. JE303

Yes and also clean needle exchanges for those who need it. My drug of choice is pot though so the cne really wouldn't affect me one way or the other.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

8. JE303

Care to explain? I promise all opinions will be respected...even if they are wrong lol.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Some drugs are dumb and harm people and kill people and shouldn't be legalised.
    Some drugs are much more harmless and are okay.

That's all I have.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Some should be legal and one can buy from a store like weed. Others should be decriminalized meaning your addiction is not a criminal matter it is a health one. Like I don't think people should buy heroin from the store for example but no sense locking someone up for having some. If they hurt or robbed someone over heroin that's a criminal issue.

I hope I can buy LSD or mushrooms from a store one day. I am dreaming.

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Some people say yes, and that they are more of a public health issue than a legal one. I don't know how I feel about a buncha bananas running around on acid though.

Maybe like, medical acid. :D

Or medical X. :p

But I'm unsure. Because maybe drugs are bad! The way some people use them is unhealthy and that's a concern of mine. I used to have an alcohol addiction. Before that it was methamphetamine. I'm thankful that I don't do that anymore.

But should anybody be doing hard time for getting fucked up? I don't think so, really. Maybe if you're poisoning your neighborhood like Heisenberg.

12. JE303

Interesting. In Freud's time heroin and cocaine were prescribed to treat various conditions. Heck there was even cocaine in Coca-Cola way back when.
    I'm, of course, not promoting use of dangerous narcotics. I just think that these drugs should be decriminalized at least and like some countries clean needle exchanges. There might be less people with hepatitis or other blood borne diseases. Of course that is just my opinion

13. parua

parua Members

I can't imagine all of the ruined lives and broken families caused by legalizing all currently illegal drugs.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Great example!

I go even further and think if people attempt to selectively discriminate against particular drug use, by extension it inevitably becomes a class and race issue, which in the US at least played a major part in most drugs being criminalized in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

True but we were not aware of what cocaine did back then. And coke has a very evil way of getting to you. Cartels don't just kill the man they have a beef with. They kill his wife and kids too. In that way they really differ from Soprano's style gangsters where it's men who deal with men. I would not want to support that. Would Americans harvest coca leaves so we don't need a cartel? I guess if there is a market.

I am a big supporter of your body your choice though.

16. Slunted

Compl
    Completely agree the stigma behind the drug culture is in itself the monster in the closet so to speak. Its easy to change a policy its a lot harder to change a culture of understanding on a subject especially when the consensus has always been driven by agenda and money. Either public opinion and favor in the case of political strategy. Or the enormous profit margin in the illegal drug trade. Its now a generational opinion where as in the past the so called hard drugs were accessible over the counter (Heroin Cocaine) then they were demonized. Hardest thing is to educate the masses. Its a long road. But worth it in my opinion.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

i thinks having a site, or dope center to deal their dope for the cost of doing things like collecting trash or other community services, participating is education and rehab to wean off heroin. as methadone is just another synthetic drug, they serve that in 10locations around here.
    older poster here was taking subutex. was telling us how it more an anti-depressant than a narcotic to him. recently I met one my old friends who was a pretty hard junkie.. she taking subs now, working well in a coffee shop. seems like junkie fail more in society with shitty street drugs that they sometimes cant get their hands on, or only to get sub=par dope that makes them sick, or super dope that kills them.
    in BC they have shooting centers..
    id think a dope serving center would help addicts not hider them ..

unfocusedanakin likes this.