Short Poems From My Heart

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Total Darkness, Apr 30, 2016.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I also reflect on the true meaning of Christmas while everyone else is celebrating with food and drink.

A cold coming we had of it, Just the worst time of the year For a journey, and such a long journey:
    The ways deep and the weather sharp, The very dead of winter.
    And the camels galled, sorefooted, refractory, Lying down in the melting snow.
    There were times we regretted The summer palaces on slopes, the terraces, And the silken girls bringing sherbet.
    Then the camel men cursing and grumbling And running away, and wanting their liquor and women,
    And the night-fires going out, and the lack of shelters, And the cities hostile and the towns unfriendly
    And the villages dirty and charging high prices: A hard time we had of it.
    At the end we preferred to travel all night, Sleeping in snatches, With the voices singing in our ears, saying That this was all folly.
    Then at dawn we came down to a temperate valley, Wet, below the snow line, smelling of vegetation;
    With a running stream and a water-mill beating the darkness, And three trees on the low sky, And an old white horse galloped away in the meadow.
    Then we came to a tavern with vine-leaves over the lintel, Six hands at an open door dicing for pieces of silver, And feet kicking the empty wine-skins.
    But there was no information, and so we continued And arriving at evening, not a moment too soon Finding the place; it was (you might say) satisfactory.
    All this was a long time ago, I remember, And I would do it again, but set down This set down This: were we led all that way for Birth or Death?
    There was a Birth, certainly We had evidence and no doubt. I had seen birth and death, But had thought they were different: the
    Birth was Hard and bitter agony for us, like Death, our death. We returned to our places, these Kingdoms.
    But no longer at ease here, in the old dispensation, With an alien people clutching their gods.
    I should be glad of another death.

2. irsis

irsis Member

Some people walk on a thin layer of ice on the surface of life. Either they deliberately jump through the ice or fall through accidentally, and find a deeper meaning which they try to bring back to the surface to make living on the surface more tolerable for themselves and others. Unfortunately , some never make it back to the surface and end up insane, while others find themselves coming back up in a different area where their hard won meaning doesn't apply anymore. It is rare indeed to bring meaning to the surface where it can do good.

moonlight hair_001.jpg

3. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Cold shit blowing
    Is it still pooping?
    Scat slowing
    Children feces throwing
    Dump trucks dumping
    I'd rather be out humping
    Waiting for my turd to start growing.

4. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

People get close, but I make them grow distant
    I'm a psychopath, so relationships with me are never consistent
    They try to run away, but I offer resistance
    I both chase and pull, a satanic assistant
    People come and go, locked up in my basement, never free from my existence.

Ged likes this.
  5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Good to see you too. How is your spiritual/life journey coming along?

6. irsis

irsis Member

My spiritual/life journey is still happening. Like the other day I was in a sled being pulled by my horses when the pole broke off of the sled and the horses started running down the field without me or the sled. I yelled for them to stop but they only ran faster until they disappeared over a hill. I knew the situation was in the hands of God, but I really couldn't expect a happy out-come.
    Finally they ran into a tree and stopped. Lots of equipment got broken but the horses were fine. And so my spiritual/life journey takes another step down the path of enlightenment.
    IMG_20161216_144012.jpg

7. Total Darkness

Meditation, a journey into the unknown
    Into emptiness you may be thrown
    Bringing to light the darkness that was never known
    For those who have the courage to see when shown
    The battle within becoming full blown
    The threat of your body lying beneath a tombstone
    Mind desperate for distraction hoping to postpone
    But threw it you'll enter into a different zone
    Penetrating through the maze of fear and deception on your own

8. irsis

irsis Member

Wow, it feels like you're looking into my mind today.

9. Total Darkness

Glad you can relate. Hope all is well. :)

10. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Retardation, a journey into the unknown
    Into idiocy you may be thrown
    Bring to light the autism that was never known
    For those who lack the aptitude to see when shown
    The battle within becoming full blown (retard)
    The threat of your mind decaying into a moron
    Mind desperate for intelligence cannot postpone
    But "threw" it you'll enter into the Asperger's zone
    Penetration through the maze of daftness and delusion on your own