Shoes...

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Ellis, May 23, 2004.

1. Ellis

Ellis Member

Ok, a year ago I bought myself some All Stars. There still brand new, and very white. I wore them like two or three times. I want to do something special with my shoes, but I don't know what... I could draw something on them, but what should I draw?? I don't have any inspiration... If you have any advice, please post it here...
    Thanks.:)

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

heya i got some baseball shoes too (not allstars cos nike owns that company now) but try using fabric paint on them :)

3. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

Can't go wrong with magic markers. Or, you could take those little wedgy sponge thingies and put paint on 'em and make like an airbrush/tie dye effect with lots of colors. You could also glue beads or rope trim or rhinestones or other stuff to them. I was thinking of gluing colored sand to my birkenstocks to make them look like real beach/desert sandals.

4. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Or u could take the shoes off and feel nature between ur toes

5. Starr

Starr Member

I usually go barefoot in the summer, but when I have to wear shoes because of the cold, I have a pair of white high tops that I drew on with permanent marker. You could use fabric paint too. I drew peace signs, stars, rainbows, flowers, and all kinds of weird designs on mine. Good luck...let me know how they turn out!

6. Ellis

Ellis Member

Thanks for the tips everyone! I think I got some ideas...:D
    [​IMG]

7. ART

ART Member

i drew flowers and peace signs on mine and then put food dye in the shapes be aware the colors blend and they fade away when they get wet.

8. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Any way to prevent that? I mean, same happened to me, i had som flowers and something on the old shoes and they've faded away in few months, so I haven't drawn anything on the new ones yet. Any way to make it stay?

9. Angeldustblossom

Angeldustblossom Member

well....i had a pair of vans and i would write lil prayers and thoughts and they added up. hehe Just a thought HUGS

10. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Can I ask you with what you wrote on them? I mean, did it blend off coz of sun and rain?
    Just wondering,
    thanks.
    Borut

11. Velouria

Velouria Member

I just got my all-stars really dirty and they look a lot better that way.

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

cover them with googly eyes.