Shoes Ruin Your Feet

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The human foot works pretty well on its own, Sternbergh says, and it doesn't need a lifetime of help from shoes. He explains the basic illogic of footwear by comparing the concept to a perpetual cast. "Imagine if someone put a cast on your arm when you were 3 years old and you never took it off," he says. "Your arm would stop working. That's kind of what's happened with our feet." http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89830802

Look at this ,

[​IMG]

Nudegardner, GLENGLEN and StellarCoon like this.
  2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

well hard to argue if its either barefoot or high heels.

5 people like this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think I heard something on TMZ (reputable source?) saying that babies need footwear or their feet turn out weird. I don't know if it's true. :)

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Don't Know What I'm Going To Do If And When I Decide To Resume Wearing Shoes After Over 10 Years Barefoot.

I Always Had Wide Feet But After All Those Years Barefoot They Have Certainly Got A Lot Wider.

A Couple Of Weeks Ago I Was Cleaning Out The Trunk Of My Car And Came Across A Pair Of Shoes So

I Tried To Put One On...........Nope......Just Wasn't Going To Happen....... :D

Cheers Glen.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  7. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Podiatrists always suggest sensible shoes for ladies, but it's the high heels that ruin their feet. The first X ray is what keeps them in business.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You'll start to second yourself when I come stomping through in mah combat boots. :) we'll see who's feet come out with the better wear and tear. ;)

2 people like this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am forced to wonder how many of those years glen played street hockey :p

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Overly supportive shoes on people who don't need them are useless to detrimental.

I have two work spaces, plus home. At one I function better with shoes as it is standing and concrete. Moving would make it better, but the movement is so limited. I rotate my three pairs. All hiking/walking/river runner brands.
    The other has wood floors and therefore some flex. I work in socks by site owner request, and occasionally for temperature reasons.

Now, I happen to work on feet, and it's step one to look at the soles and the wear pattern.
    I can guess the shoe most often worn by the muscle tension and formation of the feet.

Overly padded and the overly pointed make me money.
    I'd rather educate.

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Never Played Street Hockey........My Game Of Choice Has Always Been "Pocket Billiards" And I'm Very Good At It........ :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I wear body armour when downhill racing so I don't break my arms and legs when I fall off.

I wear long shirts and trousers when mountain biking on jungle trails where there are razor sharp grasses and bamboo to Slice me as I pass.

I wear running shoes when out Running in the jungle so the creatures, rocks and thorns don't get my feet.

Wearing suitable protection for your body iS only common sense.

@greatShoescam
    Your X-ray's are bogus, my toes are way wider than your 'barefoot' xray, and I've worn shoes for nearly 60 years.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably reading some old Chinese foot shrinking website or something. :D

I don't care if people don't wear shoes but don't try and tell us it's unhealthy to wear footwear.

1 person likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's bloody discrimination I tells ya! YOU footwear racist cunts!

:D

15. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I think the clue is in the title of the board, sir :)

16. troentorpsclogs

troentorpsclogs Members

It is painful just by the looks of it. No wonder podiatrist advice against high heels. But at the same time you can't go around town barefoot. Sandals/slippers to the rescue.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

What Do You Mean..."You Can't Go Round Town Barefoot".....????......Iv'e Been Doing It For Over 10 Years.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  18. charlie35

charlie35 Member

So have I ;)

19. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Barefoot is fine, if you live on a tropical beach maybe...

Scotland OTOH requires boots.

Feet don't last long here without proper walking shoes.

20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

Just go to the beach and look at women's feet , a fun part of any day at the beach, and look how many of them have toes all crooked and squashed together from shoe damage. Its a crime against humanity !!

Christian Louboutin, 47, has disdain for women who want comfortable shoes; I hate the concept of comfort, says the sneaker-wearing shoe designer. for women, ... (comes up in search results for shoes crooked toes lol )
    [​IMG]

I think you are just one of the lucky ones 60 years no shoe damage or never wore the foot ruining shoes the fashion industry tells women are "sexy".

I think it is really amazing how the beauty industry scams women, wear these shoes that hurt, wear all this expensive make up ! When guys are out together we are constantly checking out women and after decades of doing this I have never heard one say look at her over there, she is ok but wouldn't she be hot with a ton of makeup ??? Or check out her shoes. No man has ever says that but yearly sales of all that stuff in the billions.