Shit that happens when you are gone.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Unknown American, Jan 18, 2009.

1. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

oh come on! the solution here is so simple, eat the snake, kill the ex, and anal rape the employee(feel free to interchange any of the verbs listed, I would probably choose to rape the snake, eat the ex and kill the employee, but you do what feels right, have fun with it be creative;))

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I like the idea of flying in , flying out.Lat Am does appeal.But I've seen how much hassle it is , to get embedded into the culture of these places.

So maybe rep offices /partnerships for what I'm doing rather than permanent base.

Re the lifechanging , yeah I suspect it was .. something different.But if you're anything like the traders I know , you probably knew quite young that u didnt plan on being a photocopier saleman ...;)

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Right? I hate my neighbors and wish plagues upon their house but I decided if they died, I'd be sad, because then we couldn't piss them off just with our presence. And what kind of world is that, when you can't piss someone off just because you exist?

4. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

lol wtf

5. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I have no intention of suing her.

But Slander I can legally sue for. As I am an ex lawyer I understand the law.

What is going to happen is she is going to get a call from an attorney. The attorney will remind her that you can't just slander someone and that it is not nice.

But you can think whatever you choose.:cheers2:

6. Kinky Ramona

I'd say accusing someone of brainwashing publicly is kind of a big deal and I agree with your decision to have your attorney gently bitchslap her into submission.

7. IamnotaMan

But she can just say "he's got an overbearing personality which led me to behave in xyz way" - that would be a defence.Whether you feel she's being normal or an absolutely evil shit.
    Plus , if she chose to sling mud in a big way, it wouldnt benefit anyone.

If I was a lawyer , I'd say , sling a little mud back ,or do nothing , then let it all go quiet.

Finally , werent u planning keeping a low profile for a while?

PS Ramona , lawyers do lots of things - quite often without having a case to back up their threats.( eg British banks made billions on penalty fees which had no legal basis)

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

no gentleness about it, if it's gentale she'll just think it's a play move...

9. Unknown American

Ah, I can feel the victory and the glory.:D

(Don't forget the smokes)

10. Unknown American

She could sugar coat anything and lace it with sarcasm and humor and it would be fine.

Her opinion of me is not my concern. She can say I am a asshole because that is an opinion.

She can mock and make fun of me. That is legal.

However the way she used the word "Brainwashed" changed it into a legal term.

She stated it as fact and not opinion. That is the problem.

11. Kinky Ramona

*nods* Like I said, using the word "brainwash" does dig a little bit into slander.

12. IamnotaMan

But both sides could argue around for ages with what she meant by that.
    Brainwash could mean tying someone up , injecting em with drugs , hypnosis etc.
    Or just the type of "brainwashing" that a good advertising man uses.
    She could even say that her "weak character got brainwashed".

A letter would be a good way of telling her to tone it down/grow up.
    ( she probably doesnt know the law?)
    But , without seeing any facts , I just cant see the law giving you much mileage if it came to the crunch.

Think of all the stuff thats spread about presidents etc.
    Thats not snuffed out

PS "mere abuse" is also a defence for slander at common law.

13. Unknown American

Well it is kind of like I said before. It does not matter who is right. I can outspend her.

I am afraid I know the law and the system a little to well.

It works for those who have resources while the people with no money get the shaft.

I did not make the rules. I just use those rules to my advantage.

But I have 3 lawyers that are just itching to jump on this.

I am not going to post the link but trust me if you read this there would not be a doubt in your mind I would win.

But I have already stated. Win or loose- I win.

She needs to state clearly it it her opinion and not known or provable fact.

14. IamnotaMan

System wise I suspect you could hustle her out of writing stuff.
    Unless she chose other routes( which I won mention here- in case she ever visits HF!!).

Winning a case wise , I've gotta disagree - but only I what I've seen :)

Unfortunately , I've found that many lawyers are only motivated by a fee.

Even if she was talking utter garbage eg "he tied me up and brainwashed me with drugs" , then there's also the problem of quantification of damages.If she threw in other shit - you could theoretically have a prob.

My view , libel is a shitty area.And American law does let libelers get away with blue murder.I always tell people , dont get bogged down in courtroom shit.

15. Unknown American

This will never go to court. She will get a call from my attorney. She will cuss him up and down. Then she will start flaming me on her blog.

She will get another call informing that we are going to report her to google for terms of serves violations if she does not state that this is only her opinion.

She gets more pissed and cusses more then flames me some more on her blog.

We file papers and summons are issued. The day the papers are served the website changes to "This is my opinion" in tiny letters on the posting comments section.

The date arrives and she will not be in court and always has a lawyer make an excuse for her not to be there...

it goes on...and on.

This is a dance we have done before. She knows I can outspend her and she likes having her money.

It gives her freedom to spend the rest of her life lashing out at me in comfort.:cheers2:

16. IamnotaMan

Hmm.All I can say is , try to remain detached.Which is hard for anyone in a potentially litigious situation.( particularly after an eventful time in your case!)

George Bxsh has mountains of shit about him by named individuals.But it wasnt stopped.Britain is full of gold -diggers who made a fortune from *losing* libel cases.
    And "winning" plaintiffs who were slaughtered
    And our libel laws are sooooo much stricter...

Notice how big corporations realise that a little "nat bite" can cause big damage- even if the story is dubious or bullshit.

lawyers are just businessmen.We had a problem that the lawyer wanted to litigate on , but it was clear that litigating wouldve been the worst way of handling it.
    Why dont you try communicating with her?( and no I dont mean capitulating LOL!)
    Good luck

17. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

:( Poor puppy.

make the thief cower when he feels your wrath.

Fuck your ex. she is pathetic for still wallowing in this shit.

Glad you're ok, and I did get your PM.

18. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

You dare say this so soon after the death of Sir John Mortimer???

You should thank whatever it is that you pray to that flogging has been outlawed. Shame on you sir. Shame.

19. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

didn't know you were in Belize UA, but i wondered. my bf and i actually helped work on a project about a year ago for a trade school there to help boost the economy and get people out of poverty. don't really know how it's turning out now, though. he just built a website for them and i did some editing.

20. Unknown American

If you will let me know the name of the school I will check for you.

The poverty here is staggering. But Belize is far better off than some countries.