Shit hole Cities

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jan 21, 2009.

1. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I decided today that unless a lot of things change by this summer (when the semester is over) I am leaving and going back home.

this place makes me feel like killing myself. I think I hate LA. and I wanted to like it.

2. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

zen, what about other cities in cali.. San Francisco? San Diego?

3. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

whoever thinks chicago is a shit-hole, isnt thinking at all. Its very nice here

4. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I love San Francisco, and also the nearby city of Berkeley. I lived there for a few months last year and would again.

I don't hate LA because of the stupid reasons people usually give like: the people are shallow and superficial, it's dirty, traffic blah blah etc. I don't care about that. I hate it because the weather is fucking horrible (HOT & SUNNY, AGAIN!!!), and there really isn't anything here. there is NOTHING in LA, it's just wide open spaces full of houses and stores and roads and you feel like you're stranded in a vast desert (which is what it really is). other cities at least make you feel like you're somewhere.

5. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I hear you. My cousin was actually in LA and said the same shit. He also moved there from NYC (queens) and was like man.... I never thought I'd say 'I miss the subway' lol

when I go out there next sept I'm going to Malibu Beach..... not entirely sure where that is but I hope it's nice

6. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

actually I haven't been to any of the beaches, but I'm sure they're great. like Venice Beach. but the city is just a whole lot of nothing with palm trees.
    New York I will love till the day I die, and not just because I grew up there. there's energy there and time somehow feels well spent. and call me crazy but I like the subways so long as they aren't too crowded.

7. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Zen, you're crazy.:)

8. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

that's a point of view.
    what, do you live here too?

9. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I have love in my heart for NYC too.

I spend half of my time there when it's warmer out. I went there recently and was too cold to go out and adventure, so I ended up napping on my sisters pull out couch for about 10 hours.

but the energy there is great. always things to see and shit to do. I love it

10. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Isn't that what you asked to be called? j/k. My brother-in-law lived there for a few years and he said the same thing. I suppose it would be different on the ocean or in the mountains around the city. I've been to Palm Springs a lot and love it. In the winter of course.

11. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

the winter is the only time the weather is tolerable. because it's just warm instead of blazing heat.

12. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

where does your sis live?

13. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

fuck you, man. those reasons are very valid to me. but i also include the endless horizon of houses and stores and roads. and don't forget the brown air year 'round.

14. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

it's cold, sandy, covered in seaweed and wet, totally surrounded on all sides by over-priced egoist homes. the only time to go to malibu is during a REALLY epic el nino or wildfire to watch it all fall down.

15. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

she just moved to 156th with her boyfriend... washington heights I believe, a nice sized place

she was on 29th, right in manhatten for over a year, but her apartment was so ridiculously small

16. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I don't even notice the supposed brown air. keep in mind I've lived in either Manhattan or North Jersey most of my life. too much fresh air gives me withdrawal symptoms.

17. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

it's funny, I've never been that high up. I don't think I've ever gone above 90th st, come to think of it.

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Warm is better than ice cold, fog and rain. I wish I was in L.A. right now.

19. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

it's pretty ghetto... a lot of latin america in those parts

I don't mind it though. I like it better now that she's not in the busy/crazy area

20. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I don't know about that. I prefer northern climates.