Shelf life of Datura??

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by FritzDaKatx2, May 22, 2020.

1. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

For those who dabble, any ideas on just how long it's worth hanging on to dried material before it loses potency?
    Have some left from last year's growth and just repotted so want to give her time to settle into her new home before I start borrowing leaves. (I'll add a pic when the sun comes up :) )

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Those alkaloids dont degrade very much, at least I dont believe they do. Ive some from years ago. If I see some new plants around, Ill gather some new. Havent used it in a while.
    upload_2020-5-23_11-25-14.png

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

The more I read about it's historic uses and after over a decade of intermittent, moderate dabbling I have to wonder if the overcautionary tales of terror we hear aren't in some part fuelled by the pharmacological industry much in the way Mary Jane got twisted.
    I certainly have noticed at least a somewhat comparable impact to the Ventolin inhaler I use.

Running Horse and Orison like this.