Sheep

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

A Rat.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That gives me an idea. Maybe I should start a religion about a malevolent god, that way I will get many followers.

3. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I hate the term sheep.

You'd be surprised how many people are with it. I do find it odd this happened a few months before getting out of Afghanistan... My dad brought that up yesterday.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If I wanted to enslave the entire population of the U.S. I would use the information about random terrorist attacks across the continent to my advantage.

I would be sure to invent "evidence" that points to government involvement and that supports my agenda. I would then go on the internet and post Photoshop pictures, false leads, anonymous tips and so on, and rant and rave about the New World Order.

Thus I would undermine the government by leading the conspiracy sheep around by their noses and never have to leave my home.

[​IMG]

I'm just saying.

5. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nkjfXfkS0"]Angry sheep rams into unsuspecting fisherman - YouTube

the sheep dunnit.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

broony, cynthy, and anyone that doesn't like the electoral college: be sure to write, email, or call your state representatives and ask them to support the National Popular Vote bill.

7. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

the internet has created a terrorist group of couch potatoes

god forbid the day a harshly worded meme can bring a city to flames.

8. tubahead

tubahead Member

Reading this, I think of the goth kids from South Park. The only way not to be a conformist is to dress, think, and act exactly like the goth kids do. Then you hear people say "think for yourself, don't believe what the government says." Then you engage in a conversation with them, and what they are really saying is "think for yourself by believing exactly what I think." It is as though the evidence presented when rationally considered leads to only one possible conclusion and they are so rational and logical that theirs must be that conclusion. If I believe something contrary to what they believe, then I can in no way be thinking for myself.

I used to see this a lot in my undergrad philosophy courses. You would get these people that were so enlightened and were such deep thinkers. Then the professor would tear them a new one in class, but the kid's head is so far up his own ass, that he doesn't realize what is going on. In fact, the kid usually leaves the class thinking he just blew the professors mind, when what actually happened is he just spouted the same crap every other person just like him spouts all the time.

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I found this , its Monty Python on flying sheep . It started with Harold , he did not like the idea of standing around wighting to be eaten , so he is trying to escape by learning to fly .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkw2DdoskPY"]Monty Python - Flying Sheep - YouTube

10. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

And here I thought this was going to be about sheep, the cute little furry creatures. When I was youngish, my father raised some sheep. The ram, Herc, was a mean sob, not "sheepish" at all.

I think this thread would be a lot more interesting if it were about them creatures.

Side note, I always thought maybe my dad would make a little bit of money when he had his sheep sheared. When he was visiting last week, he informed me that not only did he have to pay to have his sheep sheared, but the guy doing the shearing got to keep the wool too. Yup, that's my story.

Conspiracy theorist are gay too.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It depends on the price (and quality) of the wool which fluctuates all the time but yes, over here (netherlands) it was often the same. My dad sometimes had 200 sheep at a time. The costs of shearing all those sheep was generally higher than what the wool was worth :p

On topic: people obviously dislike being called sheep because it is both insulting and condescending. PR saying that in the way he thinks they must be offended because they feel it holds some validity or something highly suprises me. I thought he was smarter. Asking questions on the other hand is of course always a good start and is not sheepish at all.

12. odonII

odonII O

It wouldn't be so bad if they were original theories or you backed them up.
    It's not an alternative theory it's the same one re-packaged.

'You mean you don't think it's al-Qaeda terrorists who hate us for our freedom?'

Who here has said it most definitely was - when did Obama say it definitely was?

'Well, I am glad the government is doing something to protect'

You don't live in Boston - and what's wrong with being cautious.
    What should they have done? Business as usual?

'I do not endorse Infowars, but read it and draw your own conclusion.'

Eyewitness: Authorities Announced “Drill” Before Boston Explosions

Ofcourse you don't. You just post articles from there any and every opportunity you get.

'Strange, but not surprising (or even new).'

'Kind of like they were already on scene in Oklahoma City back in '95.'

The ATF likely carried out these attacks, too. In fact, I am nearly certain of it.

And, as usual, it coincided with a drill.

But they were already dressed in bomb gear when the first responders showed up, stating they were tipped off in advance'.

Any evidence?

'It will be used to further demonize gun owners, no doubt.'

Has it?

All you seem to have done is read a couple of Infowars articles, and decided that it's all fact.

If you can back some of these theories up - fair enough.

13. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

You should listen to Clyde Lewis , on ground zero . I dont alwayse agree with him , but he is interesting to listen to . on xm ch 168 19:00 to 22:00 m.s.t.http://www.groundzeromedia.org/

14. lode

lode Banned

There's a general train of thought which should be followed for any theory or evidence you use to try to influence others beliefs.

It should be sort of similar to the scientific method, gather evidence, form a hypothesis, and test the hypothesis. What you do when you post a conspiracy theory minutes after an attack, is fundamentally an intellectually dishonest way of forming an opinion.

When you back that up with calling people sheep instead of presenting evidence, there's a logical disconnect there which pisses people off. Your inability to question your own beliefs makes it hypocritical.

15. acuarela

acuarela Member

^^ Exactamente! :2thumbsup:

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thats about the spot where i quit reading the post

17. odonII

odonII O

5 out of 12 members like this post

Feels like attention seeking.

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's unsettling how quickly people and the media jumped to the idea of a foreign terrorist; it seemed they're all too eager.....

19. acuarela

acuarela Member

That's very true. A coworker immediately asked me if I thought it was a foreign terrorist and I said no, since the thought never crossed my mind. I was expecting for people to immediately think that way. I haven't really read anything about it, besides that it was in the Boston marathon and 3? people died. My thoughts was "crazy person", but it could very well be something else. I try to stay away from "breaking news", I feel like in the process of being the first to report something, the accuracy and the quality of the news suffers. Maybe in a week I'll decide what I think.

20. odonII

odonII O

They did not, though...
    ...a point shown by, the media not...
    for once...