She was texting more than me!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by brack1936, Aug 11, 2021.

1. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

So, the story goes like this. After had decided NO MORE ONLINE DATING!! I was messaged by a gorgeous lady who met my criteria and tastes who wants to exchange phone numbers straight away. From that point on she was always wanting to communicate by SMS at all hours of the day. Now, at this point in time I have only known of her existence for nine days and in that nine days she has been really busy and has won my heart in the time I have known of her. She wanted to meet up last Wednesday but wanted to reschedule when she remembered that she had forgotten she had a staff meeting. So, after the first four days of contact we had discovered we were both very busy people and had spoken on the phone once.

On Friday she helped out with her nieces event and had her overnight before driving her back to her home town the next day, where she stayed that night. When she got back she was knackered and is getting back in to her work and stuff. Two days ago I made her laugh in the morning and since then she has been getting on with her life. Last night she said she needed her own time to do her own thing and was feeling a little overwhelmed with the attention. On Monday she hid her online dating account which made me feel great because that suggests she's happy with me and doesn't want any more prospects. Last night I said I'd give her time. She said she's coming down with a cold too.

The question is, when could I expect to hear from her? Will I ever hear from her? I don't know whether to send her a very quick and concise SMS tonight or maybe it's better not to. The issue I have is that she drew me in, texted relentlessly and has now got me very, very interested in her. I just don't want her to now vanish from my life.

My thought is that she know feels that I'm interested and knows that she can have some time for herself knowing that she's won me over.

Thoughts?

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Its difficult to tell from just what you have written

First of all what do you mean by " had her overnight" ? Just this mean you slept together of just talked ?

My alarm bells are ringing a little bit as I am seeing excuse after excuse for her not to see you . I'm just wondering if something happened on the "overnight" thing that's giving her second thoughts. I mean a staff meeting , how can anyone forget about those and then the cold suddenly develops .

So your not wasting your time ,I think you need to find out for sure of her intentions and just ask her for a honest answer .

That way you know where you stand as I feel your life is on hold at the moment .

This situation for me is at a crossroads .

One tip ,I can give is don't get too emotionally involved too soon. Start off just as friends and see how things develop. Then build on that .That way your not going to get hurt if things don't quite turn out .Dont rush and be patient .

I hope you get good news . Good luck .

3. brack1936

Thanks for the reply. Last Friday she had her niece from her hometown who also stayed with her on Friday night. On Saturday she drove her niece back to her home town. On Sunday she drove back and we also had a good chat on the phone. I personally think that she is exhausted as the hometown is 200 km away. I have no reason not to believe her but I'm also a little bit suspicious about the staff meeting last Wednesday. As she had proposed a date for her and I on Wednesday, she could have actually had a date with somebody else on Wednesday. It's a bit fishy.

4. Captain Scarlet

More reason why you need a honest answer . They could be all genuine reasons of course .

5. brack1936

Well, I sent her an SMS tonight saying I hoped she was doing better and to my surprise I got a reply! She is in bed with the cold she said she expected yesterday. I think it's all legit and all I was concerned about was where my boundaries were. I'm really not sure if there are any or not but I'm really not someone who has good judgement on things like this.

6. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

You are placing yourself in the "I need you category," which shows weakness and women hate weak men. Show some strength and confidence and stop contacting her period. Let her contact you if she is interested. If so take it a day at a time but crawling isn't attractive at all. When I dated and women contacted me all the time I lost interest because they were too needy. It works both ways.

scratcho, bry75 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  7. Captain Scarlet

You kind of stole my thunder little bit .

He needs to give her some space as he is in danger of suffocating her but he does need to know exactly where he stands .

If he gets the Okay then he should back off a little and give her the space she needs and keep her firmly in the friendzone for now and develop things sloooooooooooooooooooooowly .

8. brack1936

Yeah today I texted her just to see how she is going and she's made it to work although still very sick. I'm relating to her as a friend and I won't text her for the rest of today.

9. brack1936

It's all hunki dori. She added me on Facebook this evening and I can see all her posts which are absolutely in line with what she's been sharing with me. The poor lady is just unwell and it may even turn out that I don't see her even this weekend. I don't know but I'm at the stage where I'm not outcome dependent.

10. Captain Scarlet

Thats good now take it slowly and give her space .

bry75 likes this.
  11. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Here's a hint that might work. Get your shit together, become more independent because that quality in a man shows like a neon light. When she sees this she will be calling you all the time and crawling up your leg to get to your Homer. Women are attracted to solid men. That's why so many girls go for the bad guy because they are showing solid independence in their own way. Not saying be a bad guy. One can be kind and gentle in this state of being. Don't shoot me its just my opinion.

12. brack1936

Geez. I texted her on Saturday and she was still sick and didn't reply till Sunday. I'm perfectly fine with that. She's presumably getting back to work so I didn't contact her yesterday or today. She hasn't contacted me either which is fine. I'm not expecting it because neither of us have time for each other for a while. Not until the weekend, at least. I'd like her to at least send me a message to tell me how she's going but I'm beyond the point of caring. She knows where I am if she wants me. I'm enjoying a few days on my five acre property tidying up after the wettest July in forty years!!

bry75 likes this.