She just wanted to get home. Not raped in three separate attacks in one night

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by drumminmama, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Who says woman dont come forward? Where do you get that from? The girl this thread is about, she came forward, and she was only 16

Women are blamed for acts of violence against them? Who blames them?

Who doesnt get question by the police when reporting a crime, when getting cross examined in court. "If it goes to court its even worse" - worse than what?

I'm walking back from the pub at 2am, some drunk dickhead picks a fight, breaks my jaw, I report it to police, they look at CCTV and end up IDing the guy.

In pursuing a criminal then later a civil conviction, I get interviewed by the police, maybe one of them infers its my fault, I'm going to give a shit what his opinion is.

Go through the process again in court to get the payout from a civil action, the defense attorney infers its my fault, I'm going to give a shit what the defense attorney says or a bunch of bloggers on social media.

I think what you said is just stuff people are used to parroting to each other, no real basis in reality, especially in first world countries where people know cameras are everywhere

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The second question is obvious. women are blamed all the time, for drinking alcohol,, for dressing too provocatively, for daring to venture out alone without a male chaperone (didnt hot water just cover all 3 of those?), for not coming forward soon enough, for being in the wrong profession (oh actresses should just expect the casting couch), etc etc

As for the first question, it is estimated by many sources that the majority of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported. Not going to post a link, just google "how many sexual assaults go unreported."

Asmodean, scratcho and magickman like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The problem with this is the focus is on teaching our girls to be cautious (which I absolutely think we should do, I was raised to believe in safety in numbers, to be aware of my surroundings, to only drink around people I trust) rather than teaching our boys to be respectful and to understand consent . We should do both

4. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I think I mentioned this yesterday somewhere on the forum, but I'll mention it now.
    Lots of young men are going out into the world with no clue how to meet, date or romance women properly.
    It's a by-product of our modern society. Divorce rate over 50%, Disfunctional marriages/partnerships even higher.
    After divorce, mothers generally tend to get custody. They see their Dad every other weekend (maybe). Their Mom can teach them how to be feminist men, or maybe leave them to learn from friends.
    So the result is a generation, or more of young men who don't know shit about how to treat a lady. Only what they see on television, or hear in music. Or, worse yet what their demented friends tell them.
    (Like they actually know...)
    We need to start making our children our priority, instead of friends/coworkers, friends w/benefits, etc.

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

BTW, I'm not laying it all on mothers...their dads need to get more involved with their kids instead of "goofing off".
    I've always been there for my girl, but my therapist says I am the rare exception. The stuff he sees...unbelievable.

clark32 likes this.
  6. Unomike

Unomike Been there, done that.

Their religion and culture allows rape of women whom they deem as 'asking for it' if they are alone in public.
    The faith and culture of Islam is dangerous to western culture and our women.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

No it doesn't.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Do you feel the same way about Christianity?

9. Mamluke13

Mamluke13 Members

Then the men who do that should be raped by dogs to double the amount of suffering they partook in

10. Mamluke13

Mamluke13 Members

Sorry to hear