She got style

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by HashtagInterested, Dec 27, 2019.

1. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

Being an ordained minister, I value certain types and various methods of conveying the faith to various groups. Every group is different. Each one having a particular way that will impact them most. From culture to lifestyle to environmental factors to what they're accustomed to to umm beliefs. Impact makes a difference.

Like when I speak to atheists it's different than when I speak to more concervative types. When I speak to homeless it's different than when I speak to those with a lot of money and who have much less need.

Some preachers always use the same method, which I find boring and less effective. There's a couple lady preachers I enjoy, also ... Then there is a lady I call my muse and I'm not even sure if she's a Christian, but I like her style.

Have a nice day. Grace is sufficient for the Potter to firm the clay. I'd love to meet her one day ya know?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

which faith are you ordained in?

3. HashtagInterested

I'm a universalist. Easy ordination, but a lifelong study and way of life. Some go the semenary school and whatnot, others do the ordination, and if they commit to the way, it becomes a way of life. I received mine in the 90's from there I began my studies ... From reading the scriptures a few times over to a lot more in depth study. Discussions with people of varying Faith's and on to debates with the same, back to reading and cross referencing and putting peices together.

I didn't start standing in front of a congregation and speaking until 2007, over ten years after my ordination. I'm a very well educated theolgen ... At least when it comes to the Bible.

4. HashtagInterested

I never get paid. I do what I do free and I guess because I'm bound to it given my commitment. I don't complain, but I get irate sometimes at those who only see things the way some see them. Truth ... From being truthful about what I find joy and comfort and pleasure in, enough sense not to deny myself, and allowing myself to enjoy life. The difficulty is in the way some view the faith. They deny good things and embrace lesser things that many find dull and boring and even cruel. I

For example. I enjoy a drink on occasion, I think many woman are absolutely gorgeous, I like sex, and playing and I'm not entirely monogomous. Truth and real and reason and logic and a healthy balance is my sweet spot ... Kinda like the earth in relation to the sun.

5. HashtagInterested

I'm thinking about trying to not utilize the more religious jargon and instead utilize common language with applied principles as I understand them. For example. A kernel of corn when planted and given it's planted in good soil and given what it needs to thrive, it'll lose its seed status and become a plant that will produce many more kernels if corn like the one it came from.

That's reaping what you sow, and one type of thing becoming the same type, and not something other than what it is, and the increase as taught in the Bible. The difference is in the way I express or utilize the Word/ing and convey the teaching.