Shaving!

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Harmonys_Decade, May 21, 2004.

1. Harmonys_Decade

Harmonys_Decade Guest

2. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I absolutely hate shaving because of the same exact reason. No matter what I do, I always get the red bumps, and as you said it's embarassing as all hell.

I'd love to know a way to prevent this.

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I shave and never have any problems. Just make sure you have a nice new razor and apply Neosporin or something AS SOON as you get out of the shower! I actually keep a tube in the shower, because I put my lotion on in there so I'm more moisturized. :) If you shave carefully with a new razor and apply the neosporin immediately, you shouldn't have any problem.

Also, shave last. Let it soak or whatever for 10 or 15 minutes and use plenty of soap or shaving cream. Be careful!

4. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

Okay...I'll try my best to help you. I have been shaving down there ever since the hair first appeared, so I hopefully can help. I feel like shaving there more than twice per week causes razor bumps and irritation. Okay here's the drill..

1. use a scrub on the area the night before or several hours before you shave. I make one out of sugar and glycerin (which you can buy at any pharmacy). Apply it to dry skin and scrub for about one minute, rinse off.

2. shave toward the end of your shower, when your skin is softest. Use shaving cream, and DON'T use a dull razor.

3. Apply moisturizer or powder afterward while your skin is still damp.

5. Wicked Eyes

Wicked Eyes Banned

I'm a guy but I shave my body (I work out too)... what does the Neosporin do?

6. HappyHaHaGirl

I guess it just does what Neosporin does.... :) It keeps you from getting razor burn and it helps with any little nicks you might have. It's quite a sensitive area, so it just helps to have that extra protection. If you use lotion instead, though, don't use anything with fragrance or alcohol or anything....it will sting any cut places and make it worse. :(

7. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

hey i was just wondering, what is Neosporin, wot does it do and can you get it in England? i want to start shaving down there (i started a thread about hair removal cream, and many people told me the better option was definitely to shave) and i was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me get started? thanks.

8. HappyHaHaGirl

It's just like some cortizone kind of thing.... I don't know the fancy term, but it's the same stuff your mom puts on cuts or scratches... :)

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

It's just an antibiotic ointment. It keeps infection out of cuts and scrapes. I use my husband's shaving cream. It is for tough beards!;)

10. CowBoyKim

CowBoyKim Member

I just shaving while I am in the shower, with a single blade disposable razor and I have no problems.

11. stormyheather

stormyheather Member

another good thing to try to do is not wear underwear with seams along the skin that you shaved. i found that the red bumps i got were along the same lines all the time, and when i switched to a different cut of underwear that didn't irritate along those lines, no more bumps.

12. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

Try shaving with conditioner, like the kind you use on your head. It's convenient and it works.

13. tom

tom Member

Pictures Ladies?!?!

14. Rainbow Tears

Rainbow Tears Member

I hate when the hair starts to grow back and it kind of spiky-- I want to get ALL my hair perfessionally removed :eek:

15. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

ok I've been shaving down there for a while now, and I've always used a conditioner. Any kind will work, and use at least a three blade razor. No razor burn that way! No shaving cream has ever worked like the conditioner did for me! Use any kind of conditioner for your hair because it is so gentle. Good luck

16. emublazin

emublazin Member

i'm a guy and i use beard clippers. they are easier and safer(very hard to get cut) and really fast. I bought them from the drugstore for $5 and only use them for my pubic area

17. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Yeah how much hair on a guy do you ladies like? Not just pubes either.

18. Dark_Reverand

Dark_Reverand Member

I use after shave on my junk after i shave. Use sensitive skin shaving cream, too