shaving

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by cardamom, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Mori Mesmer

Mori Mesmer Member

I don't shave at all these days, and it makes me so happy! :)

Up until quite recently (in the past year) I had not met many women who didn't shave. I have pretty thick, dark hair and have always been so self conscious of it. In fact, I began shaving my legs in the FOURTH grade. Looking back on that now, it makes me sad to think that even such a little girl was very aware of the rules that dictate female body hair, or lack thereof. When I started going to school to become a massage therapist I met quite a few women who were unabashedly hairy. I found myself so incredibly spellbound by these women. Their hair was gorgeous, and so feminine! For the majority of my adult life I had heard giggles and crude talk over female body hair, or "gross hippies", and it had never even crossed my mind that shaving was an option. It was always more of a sometimes painful obligation. Skipping a day or two would throw me into anxiety over "Oh God, can they see my pit stubble?! Oh that's so gross, they're going to think I don't bathe!"

It's really pretty amazing how feminine and pretty I feel by NOT shaving, and I wish that I had come to the realization that it's okay to be a woman without attacking my various ladybits with razors long ago.

2. Dinah Cross

Dinah Cross Guest

I tend to shave everything because I think body hair doesn't look good on me. With my body type, being shaved fits really well with it all.

3. daniidean

daniidean Member

I don't shave, I used to because my 'friends' did but I have decided not to now.
    I just cannot be bothered really :)

4. RroshHaleSpon

RroshHaleSpon Member

I shave EVERYWHERE. I REALLY dont like the look or feel of Hair other than on peoples head. Especially on my ass. Im to scared to wax though. My older Sister Waxs and it sounds PAINFUL the first few times. Im kind of scared of pain especialy on my ass. It isnt fun.

5. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

I wax my eyebrows if I'm doing photographic make up work and will occasionally shave my legs (VERY rarely) and that's it. I love my body hair, it has taken me a long time to feel that way but over the last few years I've found embracing my body hair has helped me enjoy my body more.

6. space cadet glow

space cadet glow Member

I wanna stop shaving everything! But I'm addicted to being being silky smooth ;)

7. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

The thought of smooth, hairless, (numb) skin on my legs is like nails on a chalkboard to me now :p

8. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

Everywhere

9. Nyri

Nyri Guest

I think I have better things to do than shave. I used to do my legs and armpits... bikini line every so often... tried shaving my crotch once... NEVER doing that again.

I actually like having pubic hair and armpit hair... one makes me feel like an adult, and the other is attractive to me. Actually both are attractive to me because I'm a big fan of contrast, so dark hair against light skin makes me happy. Obviously I don't need to attract myself, but it makes me feel good, so I see no point in hacking it off.

I know some guys really enjoy girls having body hair. Unfortunately for my BF, he isn't one of those guys... but he's told me several times that he doesn't care at all and the couple of times I actually shaved for him, he didn't even notice, so... apparently I have nothing to worry about.

10. Trippin Zoe

Trippin Zoe Member

I shave nothing. I recently shaved my vulva because I was going to be seeing my fuck buddy that night and I felt less confident and ashamed that I changed my body for someone else! Never again!

11. FlipFish

FlipFish Member

I hate to shave. (The same with make-up.) I always thought it was something I would eventually grow into doing. I never did. My husband doesn't really seem to care but I know he likes it when I shave. (He loves me without make-up though so I don't wear it at all.) I shave about once every 2-3 months as part of a hot date night just for him. I do shave my pits all the time though. I don't like the smell of B.O. and use a deodorant stone. I feel it works better for me with shaved pits.

12. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Nope. I don't shave.
    My favorite is my arm pit hair.
    Now I just need an adorable hippy guy that also loves my hair..

13. treedoll

treedoll Guest

I love letting my armpit hair get really long. I do wax every 2-3 months though. I shave my pubic region more than anything else only for *special* sexy time. I love going all natural though. My boyfriend likes my body no matter what I choose. :)

14. stillinthegroove

stillinthegroove Member

Shave my legs and armpits currently. I went through a phase of shaving everything down below, but am just keeping that neatly trimmed right now due to the current mans preference.

15. stonedhearted

stonedhearted Members

Shave, because waxing every week will get expensive.
    I don't shave unless i know i am going to wear something exposing my legs or underarms, or anything else. I'm just lazy.

16. doreigirl

doreigirl Member

I've always shaved my legs and underarms and used to get brazilians, but I hated having to grow out the hair before being waxed again. In 2009, I purchased a laser package with a LIFETIME guarantee, which was the sweetest deal ever. I paid half price even. I took a chance, because these places go in and out of business every day, but the clinic I chose is actually part of a plastic surgery practice so I knew it had a higher chance of staying in business. Anyway, I get the full brazilian plus my underarms lasered. Laser hair removal is definitely NOT permanent, but over time the amount of hair that grows back is considerably less. After the initial six treatments over about 9 months, I go back about every three months just because I can at no additional cost. It's been about three years, and I can say that I am positively hair free in those areas. As for my legs, I actually don't mind shaving them.

17. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Member

shaving is a very north american thing.
    europeans don't put that much emphasis on shaving, it at all.
    i do not shave at all, but then i am lucky to have very very little hair and mostly blond, so no real issue. and ever since chemotherapy it has become even less.

18. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

My sister just asked my why I don't shave my legs- first time anyone's ever said anything!
    I can't believe it's taken her this long to notice, lol
    I love my body hair, and am feeling more and more confident with it all the time! :)
    I think we need to start a new natural body movement!

19. sexyanon

sexyanon Guest

i had a brazillian wax once, it was painful during... but ohh... so soft after and no shaving for 2 weeks! totally worth it... beauty is pain, right?

I shave under my arms and my legs. could be good to wax there too...

20. Eleesha

Eleesha Guest

I shave everything, thinking about trying waxing, but it sounds like it hurts like hell :S