Shaving Hair For Charity

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by nz male, Sep 13, 2013.

1. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Have you ever (or would you) had your head's hair shaven off to help raise funds for any charity - cancer etc .

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If I ever had to have my hair cut off I would want it donated to that group that makes "wigs" for those kids with cancer. I'm not planning on it though.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Is that really a good idea....

[​IMG]
    Human hair in display case at Auschwitz :eek:

Hotwater​

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Never have nor would. I don't believe in charity. I only care about myself and wallowing in my own misery.

5. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

definitely
    I don't mind having my head shaved, I actually like it very much
    It's just hair, it grows back..

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

If you do, make sure you research it first. Locks of Love does not give away wigs, they charge their clients on a sliding scale based on income. Pantene, however, has a program where they donate all their wigs 100% for free. Locks of Love not only charges their clients for their wigs, but sells the excess hair. However, Pantene won't accept gray hair, while Locks of Love will. Just make sure you research it if you decide to donate hair.

7. broony

broony Banned

the last time I shaved my head after 3 years of growing... went into hair cut place.

got a free haircut because I had well over 12inches. cool! let someone have my hair cause im broke... lol

as soon as I shaved it I wanted it back...

now I have dreads :)

8. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

On second thought, I don't think I would shave my head to raise money for a cancer charity. If I wanted to raise money, I would come up with some other way to do it. It almost seems like you'd be mocking cancer patients who do lose their hair if you raised money that way..
    though I still stand by in saying that shaving my head is no big deal

9. PinkiePiex

PinkiePiex Guest

I wouldn't shave it off to the root, but I did donate 12 inches before which brought it a little above my shoulders.

10. thereaperman44

thereaperman44 Member

Top half of my head probably
    Beard Never

11. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Eight months ago I asked my son if he wanted me to take him for a hair cut as it was getting long and he always keeps it short, he just said not right now.

About a month after that he told me he was growing it out to donate for a wig for a child. It is now about 10 inches long when tied back which is how they measure it. I think he will be cutting it soon.

He said that he may grow it annually while still in school and university to donate.

I think that is a wonderful thing to do. :)

12. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

I've done this several times. Getting sponsorship from the lads at work is easy-getting it from 'Joe Public' isn't,but we eventually get the sponsorship. Each time I've done a head shave it's raised enough to give the terminally ill kids from our local MacMillans childrens hospice a day out at the seaside.
    Ok,not exactly Earth-shattering stuff. But I'm just a bloke who drives a roadtrain,not a billionaire. Last time we did it,four of us from work had the shave and we raised enough to give 24 kids a day playing on the beach,with the coach provided for free by Bob,who's a bloody good bloke,plus all the attendants gave up the days pay. It's not going to change the world,but to see those kids being happy was worth every scrape of the razor.

Yes,I'll do it again.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

No, but I do shave my beard for cleanliness.

14. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

In my books that makes you a very special person. :)