Shaving Genitals

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by eyy1421, Nov 6, 2015.

1. eyy1421

eyy1421 Members

I'm the type of guy who's more concerned with having soft, smooth skin on myself than with my partners. Because of this, I recently started shaving my genitals. To specify, the groin area (penis, testicles, etc...) and my butt (around the anus, between the cheeks). The problem is, however, that I can't EVER avoid getting razor burns, ingrown hairs, cutting myself, and basically everything else that could go wrong while shaving. I've tried all the tricks in the book: trimming first, using products, exfoliating my skin (seemed to make things worse), using slightly used razors rather than either dull or perfectly sharp ones... Everything. I've always been someone with naturally sensitive (VERY sensitive) skin and strong, dark body hairs but never had this issue shaving anywhere else.

Can someone who might be in the same boat or have experience with this lend me some advice on how I might be able to one day shave in peace? So far, the only hope I can see for me is to have it all permanently laser-ed off, but that can be intensely pricey and likely won't be in the budget for a very long time.

2. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I use Black magic hair removal cream. It can be used every three days if needed. Start out with a small area to see how your skin tolerates it. If all goes fine then experiment with the length of time you need to leave it on to remove all hair. Afterwards I pluck the few remaining hairs. They come out pain free. If you are light haired though you may have great success. Works better on dark hairs. Been using it for years.

1 person likes this.
  3. SMcDaniel001

SMcDaniel001 Members

I used to use a shave down there. And when I did, I used high quality old school razors. Persona blades have as good reputation that goes back decades. And when I say high quality I don't mean high price. You can get 100 for like $8. And use a really nice shaving soap. The stuff out of an aerosol can is just well marketed garbage. Find a good smelling shave soap and get a bowl of warm water and make up a great shaving lather. I never felt sexier than when I was primping and preening myself down there. Get all shaved up and put my cock ring on............. I was looking sharp...........

1 person likes this.
  4. eyy1421

eyy1421 Members

Why'd you ever stop? Did you lose a taste for it? Also, thanks for the tips!

5. sbbim49

sbbim49 Newbie

As a woman I do the shaving for my husband and use vitamin e cream after and once daily to prevent rash or razor burn...no hair makes it so much more yummier to lick! :p

6. SMcDaniel001

SMcDaniel001 Members

I quit, because I quit shaving all together. I haven't trimmed a single hair on my body in about 3 years. It started when I let my hair and beard grow. Then I felt ridiculous shaving just what no one COULD see, and not shaving my face.

7. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I too have used vitamin e oil. I touch up in the shower at times with a razor when needed and the oil helps and it feels good too.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I find sandpaper works best

1 person likes this.
  9. eyy1421

eyy1421 Members

What kind of sandpaper? I've tried 150-grit but it didn't get me anywhere. (lmao)

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Orbital sander if you are in a hurry

But not whilst you are in the bath, cos that would be dangerous ;)

Si69 and eyy1421 like this.
  11. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I shave my genital hair weekly - sometimes twice per week. I shave penis hair & scrotum & sometimes anal area as well.

mastrb8tr69 likes this.
  12. timberjunk

timberjunk Members

What if shaving leaves it more like sandpaper? it just seems like so much hassle to get it silky.

and yes. i want to shave so she'll suck it more. :)

13. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I get really turned on when shaving all my pubic hair off regularly

barefootPatrick, badrabbit and Fred64 like this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The five o'clock shadow sure itches like a bitch...

Asphalt-cowboy likes this.
  15. LowHangers

LowHangers Members

I've been shaving myself completely smooth for about the past 5 years and I love the feel. I only shaved my balls in my first marriage. My present wife loves it completely shaved smooth. I go over everything about three times a week while taking a shower so it stays smooth and never experienced irritation. Guess my skin isn't as sensitive as others.

16. Fred64

Fred64 Members

I started shaving about 4 years ago. I will never let it grow out again . I got to the point that I couldn’t stand looking at all the hair down there any more, at first there was some irritation but I don’t have any issues. I like it shaved smooth, I like to look at it and touch it.

mastrb8tr69 and Asphalt-cowboy like this.
  17. Bobbie52

Bobbie52 Members

Been shaved smooth for 25 years and I have no plans to grow it back.

Asphalt-cowboy and Fred64 like this.
  18. I shave and it is much cleaner and feels great

mastrb8tr69 and Fred64 like this.
  19. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just what I need, more maintenance items to keep up with.... :confounded:

No, thanks. Feels great as is!

I do trim around my anus though. The time that costs me is more than made up by easier cleaning after defecation. I just buzz it with the electric facial hair trimmer, once a week or two. Easy-peasy.

20. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I shave my scrotum hair, but trim the rest.