shattered mirrors

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by StoneYFreaK, Jan 30, 2019.

1. StoneYFreaK

StoneYFreaK I Am.

Something from the heart is all she asked.
    I gave her cold silence and brokenness,
    Neglect and all the baggage from my past.
    It wasn't what she wanted, but it was all that was left within it after all these years.
    I thought there was something alive and beautiful and not just shattered dreams and fear.

These days I often lay awake in the night and relive better times inside my mind,like old home movies reel to reel and overlapped, sound out of sync and when at last I start to doze and cease to think it's only then I find a peace, too tired to fight, too tired to flee.

I wasted many years I could have fixed what was broken, or told you all the things that needed to be said but just remained and still remain unspoken.
    Instead the time past unnoticed while I dreamt of tomorrow everyday, running from the past, I had forgotten that I was supposed to live for today.
    Supposed to breath and let my heart beat and listen to the whispers of your eyes, telling me the kinds of things that only come from the mouths of the wise.
    And when the world began to break you asked me for my hand, but I could only turn away and watch the mountains turn to sand, slipping quicker to the bottom of the hour glass, it's downward spiral growing faster out of hand.

I've found a peace though, that I never would have found,
    In the darkness of the bottom, solitude without a sound.
    I've learned to live and grow and reach for higher ground, hoping that some day I'll have something from my heart to give, hoping that some day you'll heal from wounds and no longer hurt from broken pieces of myself I cut you with.

Libbygrable87 likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Have All The Mirrors In This House Covered......Tis Too Expensive To Replace Them Each

Time I Walk Past...... :D

Cheers Glen.