Sharing Your Bed

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Duncan, May 29, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I am from an Anglo-Saxon background (well, let's just say white lower-middle-class American). When I was a pre-teen I shared a bedroom with my older brother. We had one of those daybeds wherein the bottom bed pulled outward and then was raised so that both beds were side by side.
    When I moved out on my own I always slept by myself.
    On a few occasions I have had to share my bed for sleeping space as I do not own a couch. It's generally a mutually agreeable arrangment.
    My question : Have you ever shared your bed with someone with whom you weren't intimate? How long is the longest you would want to do that?

2. RedStar

RedStar Member

depends on how hygenic they are :)

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

At the Lorien commune the people built the FamilyLodge , inside is
    a big bed for 20'so sleepers .

4. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Before I came to Oregon, I lived with a guy for a couple of years. For the first year, we were intimate, a couple. For the last year, we were just friends, we had broken up. However, we still slept in the same bed. We didn't have sex or anything, it was just convenient and comfortable.

If I hadn't moved here, I would likely still be living with him and probably still be sleeping with him, a-sexually.

5. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Right now I share my bed with my husband and our 2 year old son. But we'r trying to move him to his own bed. It's about a foot away from ours. He's a restless sleeper and a bed hog.

Kathi