Share your healthy lifestyle

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Andreas18, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Andreas18

Andreas18 Members

A healthy life means happiness, no depression and live longer. I strictly follow these rules daily

- No smoking
    - Less Alchohol consumption
    - Eat vegetables
    - Exercise Daily
    - Never skip breakfast
    - Swim once in a week

What's your way to live a healthy life?

2. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

always being active
    lots of exercise combined with a good diet
    seems to work for me

3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Be less, live more
    Work less, play more

Embrace your darkest emotions and thoughts. Avoid vaccinations. Skip breakfast. Avoid doctors and never get a check up. Listen to your body. Think for yourself. Stay active. Make sure you take your vitamins and mineral supplements. Never lose your sense of humor, you are much better off losing your sanity.

Never been to a doctors office since 2006, or a dentist since 2005. I know i'm doing something right.

Bilby likes this.
  4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Lift weights about 5 times a week
    Alcohol no more than twice a week
    Takeaway meals no more than once a week
    Hug friends and family at most opportunities
    Eat lots of fibre and protein
    No caffeine after 6pm

Bilby likes this.
  5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Deep, full body breathing is something i'm beginning to do more and more. Especially before i sleep. I find this to improve my quality of sleep in which i wake up feeling more rejuvenated.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you do this daily? so every day you consume less than the day before? i hope you started out drinking a shit ton.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like this

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Who started this rumor that I have a healthy lifestyle?

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

who started this rumor that i learned how to share?

10. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I eat mostly fish, rice and veggies. I drink lots of green tea and water, but none of it is done with a healthy lifestyle on my mind. It's just how I eat. I also exercise 2 nights a week. Again, not with a health goal but because I enjoy the physical activity.

But I also eat pizza, burritos, fried chicken, and drink the occasional soda, and binge watch stuff for hours on end without leaving the sofa, so...Idk. I guess I'm healthy ish

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've been letting myself go actually. I can't get motivated to change my eating habits though. Dieting feels really boring. But I'm gaining weight pretty steadily, so after Thanksgiving I think I'm going to have to find a way to quit.

12. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

100% straight edge. No alco, narcotics or tobacco products EVER, for ANY reason. Muscle training 3-4 times a week. A diet of lean meat and fruits. And a barefoot lifestyle any time I can get away with it. So far so good.

By no means will I be immortal, but I'll take the next best thing.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The next best thing to being immortal would be like dying when you're 50 before you get too old to do shit.

14. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I aim to be a very healthy 80-year old.

But seriously, this is going to be a very interesting human experiment. Since I don't consume anything from the alco/drugs/tobacco-line, it's gonna be interesting to see how much of a difference it's gonna make during my senior years.

15. Andreas18

Andreas18 Members

Indeed, I "was" a heavy drinker.

16. Visexual

Visexual Member

I'm 71. Now my wife and I do walk two miles every morning and ride our bikes 6+ miles several times a week. I get up between midnight and 3:00 every morning and drink coffee until my wife gets up around 5:00. When it gets light, after our walk, I do whatever yard work needs doing and then open my first beer, usually around 10:00. I'll drink, maybe 10 beers, until around noon when we have our one meal of the day and then usually go to wine after we eat. I'll finish the day with a couple more beers before going to bed around 8:00. The only water I drink is one glass each morning when I take my vitamins, a One-A-Day and 1,000mg of Vitamin C.

Now my joints suck and I have bulging discs in my back from all of the parachuting injuries during my seven years in the military but my last lab work had everything in the normal range except for triglycerides, which was lower than normal.

OK, I haven't smoked anything in 30 years and I don't do any drugs. But, if Florida passes a law allowing recreational pot, I'm growing some plants!

You know, I think the reason most of us have more and more pain as we get older is so we don't dread death as much.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I eat a high calorie diet because I have a high metabolism and I have to put a lot of work into staying at a normal weight. I eat a nutrient dense diet but then I eat a lot of junk on top of the healthy stuff lol.
    I work out 4 times a week. Weight lifting, squats, things of that nature. I hate cardio workouts but I love to walk so I take a brisk walk almost every day. I stretch a lot too.
    I take my mental health seriously and do a lot of stuff to stay mentally balanced too. All the physical stuff listed above plus hobbies I feel are good for the soul liiike..lately, baking. Silly art projects. Keeping my mind engaged. Learning. Reading.

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

so far, I had oats and coffee this morning; healthy enough...

It's always ok in the morning. My routine starts and I have the best intentions (though the gym is closed this morning in light of it being Thanksgiving in the States).

Yes, it's as afternoon is on approach that I usually find myself bored enough to eat a horse! :tonguewink:

19. Just made 82 and NO Colds, No Flu, No Vaccines, No Allergy Drugs for 25 yrs since finding and taking Grape Seed Extract.

No Eye Appts for the last 10 yrs.
    No Dental Appts for the last 10 yrs

And again thanks for Grape Seed Extract for the above 2, and Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Coconut Oil Toothpaste.

Love love love NOT going to the docs above... Been that route and not now for last 10 yrs....

I eat well, no soda, no alcohol anymore, sip water all day and no refined sugar stuff, and breads in this house.

20. It makes for a long healthy life...I started supplements in my early 50's and I'm 82 and I'm good.. Stopped the workouts after hip replacement mess at 72.............grrrrrrr