Shambala

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by raycheldawn, Jun 2, 2007.

1. raycheldawn

raycheldawn Member

anybody heard of this festi?? i'm really stoked to learn more about it. but nobody has a clue about it. fill me in por favor..

rock on.

2. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

its more like a rave. not with the bad parts of a rave, but its just alot of DJs....alot of my friends want me to go (i live in BC) and i just am not into DJ's that much....$175can ticket....thats insane....Broo isn't even that exspensive....

3. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

Raychel you should also consider Sonic Bloom fest in Colorado. Takes place in the very end of June, Tix are 120 i think vs the 175 for 3 days of Shambala. And it has sts9, pnuma, zilla, vibesquad, ooah, glitch mob, Michael Kang of S.C.I, Bassnectar, not to mention a bunch of other really good DJ's and electronic acts around. Should be sick as hell but i cant go due to summer school :( And Dogstock is only 60 bucks for over 100 bands, and 4 days. Its not entirely devoted to electronic stuff like Shambala and Sonic Bloom, but they will be having an electronic tent with a bunch of VERY good artists set up by Cicada Rhythm (one of the best electronic promoters in the midwest) I will for sure be at Dogstock, they have a killer lineup now.

4. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Rave? No, more like a High-tech psychedelic phreak fest. Not even close to a rave.

5. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

what i meant by rave was a big gathering of DJ's, in which case, yes it is very much like a rave.

6. solla._.sollew

solla._.sollew Member

Sonic Bloom, now that is a line up i can get behine....livetronica, not just DJ's....

7. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

kind of, i picture a rave as a bunch of e-tarted ganster white kids running around with glow sticks and binkies watching shitty techno dj's in which case there is usually only one.

8. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Yea that shit looks sweet Bisco's line-up is out of hand this year.

9. Gatherlight

Gatherlight Member

Shambala is a pretty big event, selling out every year of 10K people who are into the hippy rave electronica music as well as Burning Man scene.

There are multiple stages that are going at the same time, often back to back so if you're not directly in front of one stage you are going to get a lot of sound bleed and low end bass that saturates the air.

Another event in the local Pacific Northwest area that caters to more band oriented music is Summer Meltdown, now in its 7th year.
    http://www.summermeltdown.com
    The venue is absolutely amazing to host shows at. Better than the Gorge or Horning's Hideout. Check it out.

10. underto project

underto project Member

is it techno or goa trance

11. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

its intnese psytronica from the future.