Shag Carpet

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by hippietoad, May 9, 2004.

1. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Anyone know where I can purchase any ? Looking to put some in me vw westie.

2. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

LOL! That brings me back! ;)

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Does anyone know how to wash shag, cause mine really needs it

5. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

;) Hey Sweeper, you're de bomb. Thanx so much.

6. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i got a white shag rug at good ole walmart HAHA but it gets soooo dirty.... sometimes when people come over they step over it cuz they think it is too pretty to be stepped on LOL

7. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Walmart you say ??? Hummmm, wonder if they have lime green :eek:

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

SHAGS ROCK!!!

i got a blueish gray shag at and old carpet shop last fall

9. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Omg! This reminds me. Back when Hubby and I were house hunting, one of the houses we looked at was TOTALLY stuck in the 70's. Not a thing had been changed since, and it looked as though it was one of the fancier houses at that time, all in style and stuff.

Let's see.. wood paneling everywhere, yellow floral wall paper above the wood paneling, gold veins in all the mirrors (even the bathroom vanities!) that weird dark brown tile that looks psychedelic sorta, and... lime green shag carpeting, wall to wall!!!! It was EVERYWHERE.

Naturally I thought it was SOOOOO cool, I wanted that house so bad. Hubby thought it was horribly ugly. But other than that he liked the house itself, and we decided we wanted it. When we went back however, there was a sold sign on it :( I bet they ripped it out too. :(

10. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Bree, tooooooo funny. I actually have a friend whose place looks like that house you mentioned sounds. Man you should of dumped the hubby for the kewl house :p

11. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

Shag Rocks! I also like macrame plant holders & those hanging oil lamps? There is a statue in the middle and little strands ,,like guitar strings with oil sliding down! I have one in my garage ,, no where to fit it in the house! LOL

12. vintage soul

vintage soul Member

they have everything at walmart!:) i have a hot pink shag rug in front of my dresser that i bought at walmart

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I don't know if shag carpet is still made, let alone sold... I haven't seen any in ages. My inlaws, btw, have this AWESOME shag carpetting in one bedroom, it's (believe it or not) flourescent yellow/green - like a plum colour. Wow. It's quite a site.

14. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Call a carpet place.... My friend puts in carpets and they have shag for sales still... He brough us home a piece of the biggest shag ive ever scene a few weeks ago.. its like 4 inch long... and so soft and comfy... I actually fell asleep on it for a little while

15. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

I would def. suggest getting a rug in/of actual real carpet, shag can get dirty quickly, get stuff stuck in it (crumbs, etc)... it's easier to keep clean if you can jut whip it out of the car anbd beat it a couple of times, as opposed to paying to have carpet shampooed.

16. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

We found several websites that sell it. We've decided to make it definately removeable. Living in a sandy area we have to vac alot. Indigo, went to your site. Hadn't been in awhile. I love your background and graphics. Looking good gurl !

17. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

So what websites are they?

18. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

19. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i had a shag rug and over a few months of parties and having friends over it was ruined beyond salvage =(