Sh!thole Nations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Jan 12, 2018.

1. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Not voting Republican.....ever.
    Was with the Occupy movement in Lincoln. That got nowhere.
    Volunteer worked at Madd Dad's one winter as bicycle mechanic..
    Supporting member of Common Root which is an outreach organization in Lincoln.
    Stuff like that..get involved.
    Held up picket signs for the anti war movement. I don't remember the name of that organization anymore.
    None of these amount to anything or go anywhere because people just don't care, they are too wrapped up in their own little world.

2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What the MSNBC furor over shithole nations tells us is the the Russian collusion investigation has ended up with nothing and The Left needs to change the subject,

The Trumpster always provides such assistance in changing the subject with tweets or something.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, is the investigation over? I hadn't heard.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The previous American President did more damage to overseas peoples by playing footsie with Cuba and Iran; in Columbia by giving creedence to the FARC rebels and in Syria by doing nothing.
    To Russians and for failing to call out sanctioned assanations of opposition figures and journalists. to Venezulans by failing to call out human rights abuses and election fraud.
    remaining not impressed by the whole "shit hole nations uproar.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  6. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I remembering when Obama referred to enlisted medical personnel as "corpse-men" as opposed to Corpsmen. The fervor lasted what, a few days? At best. The "57 states" gaffe was just as trite. Back when Carter was president the press followed Billy around because he was like a fountain of sheer embarrassment for the administration. Before that was Ford, a guy who couldn't handle stairs.

While I was addressing the "kinder" side of the advanced nations to take advantage of the poorer ones, you hit the nail on the head. Draining their best and brightest pales in comparison to the mismanaged efforts to exact control over these nations, resulting in their conversion to genuine shit holes very rapidly. Watching rebels in these lesser advanced nations take shots at their government with RPGs and automatic weapons SHOULD be a clue that maybe, just maybe, the REAL bad guys are way up on the food chain.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Russia qualifies as the biggest white shithole:
    Chasm between rich and poor widens in Russia as living standards fall
    Opinion | For Russians, Bleak Realities at Home
    Analysis | Why Russia is far less threatening than it seems
    5 Countries With the Lowest Standards of Living
    How Putin Invented The New Authoritarianism

Also, Moldova Poverty in Moldova - Wikipedia
    And Romania Romania Struggles with Poverty | The Borgen Project .

In fact, a case could be made for all of eastern Europe! but Russia takes the cake: shitty economy, shitty government, shitty inequality. shitty Russian mob--flush 'em down the toilet bowel!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Asmodean likes this.
  8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If some jerk In a bar starts talking about immigrants pouring in from shithole nations, that's fine, he's entitled to his warped point of view, let's keep speech free. But I damn sure wouldn't want that guy serving in politics, let alone as President. Trump needs to be held accountable; we must expect and demand much better from the office he holds.

Piney, neoprene_queen and Meliai like this.
  9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

upload_2018-1-14_19-2-5.jpeg

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I just saw a clip of the Counterfeit News Network news team literally in tears because Trump called Haiti a shit hole.

And here we have Walter Cronkite reporting an even bigger story, the JFK assassination, and he keeps his composure. He's on the verge of tears, but he keeps it together for a real tragedy. This is how you report breaking news you sissies!

machinist likes this.
  11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

so its been a few days now and im still waiting some proof

dont they transcribe or record meetings?

all i see is one senator making accusations and no one else confirming...just lots of people saying it never happened

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Are we supposed to pretend there arent a whole bunch of shithole nation on the planet though

And the president describes them as shithole, shithouse nations, then the free world is supposed to collapse or something?

Not that he has really amounted to much so far, but I'm liking Trump more the longer he is in office

machinist likes this.
  13. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

You could argue the USA is one of them.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

apparently chumps idea of greatness, as its his one unyealding objective to turn america into one.
    by trying to see how much he can get away with destroying.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

machinist likes this.
  16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thank you. Compliments are hard to come by these days.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Americans are very arrogant. They assume life is always worse elsewhere. But the poverty and class gap here is enormous. The way people are allowed to die and suffer is not tolerated in many other countries.

The number one factor in determining success here is not how how hard you work it is how much money your parents have. In other words a class system the wealthy remain wealthy the poor remain poor. It's not impossible to rise up but it's not nearly as easy as the Right wants you to think.

"Shit hole" nations just play into that arrogance. It keeps people from addressing the real issues because they believe things are already good.

themnax likes this.
  18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That's easy to do when you don't live in the US.

I think it's funny that a Canadian and an Australian like Trump. I can like Trudeau and Turnbull all I want from a bazillion miles away

themnax and Meliai like this.
  19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't think that's fair to say. No one has ever said it was "easy." I don't know where you're getting that. The opportunity is there for everyone. The opportunity. The pursuit of happiness.

But success is not guaranteed, only the opportunity to achieve it.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

success is usually a combination of prepareness and opportunity

but a lot of it is luck