Sh!thole Nations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not sure. There seems rarely a toilet involved when he goes nr. 2

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This is true

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

George, there have always been non-white people here; and, they have always been powerless, thanks to the KKK and their like. Just look up the dates of when women were finally allowed to vote, and when Black people were removed from chains, and when black people were finally allowed to drink water from places where white men drank water, and when black families were allowed to use the same restrooms as whites, and when dark skin people were allowed to eat at the same restaurants as whites. Today, there are a dozen or so Nazis and white nationalists running for public office under the Republican banner. It sure gives us an updated definition of what kind of a nation America has become, don't you agree?

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I don't agree with the "power" issue I hear so much today. Most Americans of any color have virtually no power at all. Voting makes it seem plausible, but we're only a few assholes from fully rigged elections and a uniparty rule.

Black Americans have indeed "gained" a great deal of ground and it has been that way for nearly a half century. But it's only parity. The real power is still in the hands of the wealthy and connected. The only thing that will change that is another civil war.

As for the Nazis and supremacists, I don't think they have any more political chances than the communists and yet, it's their right under the US constitution to say all the stupid shit they want and even to seek elected office. I'm not "worried" that they have any chance for success. Look how well it worked out for David Duke and Derek Black.

stormountainman likes this.
  5. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I was on a work site, we were taken to our lodging in vans and someone did the shopping for us. We weren't allowed to wander the streets or leave the compound. So I have no idea where the "nice" sections of Haiti.

Mamluke13 likes this.
  6. stormountainman

Ok, I'll go along with that. They do have multiple candidates up for election, from Arthur Jones to Sheriff Arpaio. They do have power and they are active in most states. Maybe they are more visible here in Indiana? This is an extremely right wing state, most likely makes Georgia look liberal? You are right about the money people. If you got some, they'll come courting.

7. stormountainman

Since this thread is about Shit Holes, I will write about Indiana...a true Shit Hole. Today the state legislature passed an anti DACA law. The new law will deny state licenses to DACA youth, like cosmetology licenses. The DACA children are actually documented under the Deferred Action for Child Arrivals. That means they are no longer "illegals" as the Republicans like to stigmatize them. The Indiana Republicans control the state house and want to "squeeze" the children of immigrants out by economic means. The Indiana Republican's former leader Mike Pence said today that he want to end abortion rights in our time. I wonder how all this is going to play out on the national picture?

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So, deny them an access to jobs.

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I guess it depends on how one defines a shithole country/state.

One could argue Cali has entered into that definition. Highest poverty rate, highest number of homeless, social programs hemorrhaging more than they can take in, authorities rounding up mountains of abandoned bicycles to try and keep the streets passable.

I guess it all depends on how you view things.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The American state with the biggest economy is California, which, in 2015, produced $2.44 trillion of economic output. Its GDP compares favourably to that of France, which produced $2.42 trillion during the same period. Particularly interesting to note is the fact that California has 6 million fewer workers than France, yet produced a little over its GDP. This suggests that, in productivity terms, the US outperforms its European cousins.
    What if California were a country?

Noserider likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Still, if you want something decent that's going to last, the people buy German. :)

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That sounds like institutional racism. I don't think it sounds constitutional.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

All probably factual. Yet the problems they can't solve with that economy. Imagine how bad it would be if they couldn't drain the rich as much as they currently do. Take a look at the number of people leaving the state vs moving there.

California is a national leader in outbound moves: Where did they go? – Orange County Register

I wonder if France lives with the same problems California does.

So I guess if a place has a good economy it can't be a shithole?

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Don't forget the water problem! Usually a direct origin for 'shithole' places to become shitty.

I lost my faith in VW... :(

rjhangover and stormountainman like this.
  15. soulcompromise

Me too. I still like Calvin Klein though.

16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Meh .... anybody remember last years upskirt ad?

17. soulcompromise

Nope. But I just googled it. Do you think it's too racy? I don't really think so, because it doesn't show anything, but I catch your drift.

18. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I thought it was pretty tasteless, maybe even creepy. Makes me think of these upskirt creeps running around with cameras on sticks.

Racy? Nah not really.

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. stormountainman

Indiana is all about institutional racism. You are very right on this one. I have always called it The Politics of Exclusion. Powerful Republicans want to exclude outsiders and coloreds from prosperity and the good life in Indiana. It makes them feel superior and they like it.

soulcompromise likes this.