Sexual Harassment. [Experiences]

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by user__friendly, Jun 2, 2004.

1. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Hey Everyone.
    I was reading posts again, and I started thinking of some prior experiences of mine.

I'm only 17 years old, but I have been sexually harassed a few times. I'm not just talking about people saying things, but actually doing them. I know sexual harassment is common.

Anyway. I guess in a way I wanted to talk about my experiences, and see if anyone else could relate, or even share how they dealt with the situation.

The first occurences took place when I was 11, and went up until I was 13. It was from a kid who lives only a block from me, and he is 2 years older than I am. [He has dropped out of school, is heavy into drugs and alcohol, comes from a family of alcoholics, and his older brother was arrested for raping a girl in a convenience store's parking lot] A lot of it started out as really harmless stuff. I knew that he was attracted to me, and he had often said things about "going out", but I always declined. There'd be times where a bunch of our neighborhood friends would be outside playing. I remember him always forcing me to sit on his lap or touch him.

One night I remember vividly. It was like 9 or so out, pitch black. Me, this kid, and my 2 neighborhood friends were sitting behind my pool in the grass just talking. All of a sudden, this kid forces himself on top of me and pins me down. He started kissing me and such, and I struggled to get him off. Once I did, a younger neighborhood kid jumped on me and did the same. My other friend just left.

I remember he kept trying to force himself on top of me the rest of the night. I kept telling him to stop, but he wouldn't. He exposed himself, repeatedly asking me to do things to him. I made up an excuse to go into the house, and I had my brother go outside to tell him to go home. He came back the next day, and I told him that if he ever came near me again, I'd call the cops. I haven't spoken to him since. I was just 13 when it ended.

My most recent, and most horrible experience occurred 2 summers ago. It was before I was going into 10th grade. A friend of mine [3 years older] that was in a band I liked asked to come down and take a walk. It was late, and I wasn't allowed to go anywhere so he just came up and we sat outside. All I expected to do was talk.

As soon as he saw me he started telling me how beautiful I was and kept touching my face. He had a girlfriend at the time, and I had a boyfriend so it was really weird. Before I knew it, he was kissing my neck and face and I kept pulling away. I told him to stop because it was making me feel uncomfortable. He'd apologize, and yet continue.

Soon he started feeling me up and trying to lift up my clothes. I kept struggling with him and kept telling him to stop, and he'd again apologize and keep going. Soon he had his pants unbuttoned and kept trying to make me.. feel. He kept forcing my hands on him and I kept trying to pull away but he was a lot stronger than me. I remember just closing my eyes and begging him to stop, and of course.. he'd say he was sorry and keep going. Soon, his pants were down and I kept my eyes closed. He continued to put his hands down my pants and up my shirt, and make all of these comments about how "beautiful" I was. I kept trying to tell him to stop, and that I needed to go but he wouldn't let me. He started forcing me to stroke him, and even had the nerve to tell me that he betted I liked it. This continued for another 5 minutes or so, before I was finally able to escape. I don't remember exactly how I got him to stop.

All I remember is going inside and taking a shower right away. I had never, and have never felt so dirty in my life. I remember I just kept washing and crying. For months after, he repeatedly tried talking to me and getting me to meet up with him. He said that his girlfriend and my boyfriend "didn't need to know" , and no matter how many fucking times I told him how I felt and how I wanted him to stop, for months he'd try to get my address to walk to my house and meet up.

I'm sorry this was so long you guys. I just got to thinking about it, and no matter what, thinking of it still hurts as much. I don't think I'll ever forget. All I know now is that I haven't spoken to him in a long time, not since I've been with my recent boyfriend. Though it may seem little compared to other peoples problems/situations, it hurts a lot to me and I still think of it everytime I even hear his name. He's a pig.

Has anyone else ever been there? What did you do to stop, or even try and forget? What happened?

I love you guys. Thank you.
    <3
    -Eryn

2. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

Poor thing! *hugs*. It helps to talk about these things, as I didn't talk about it for years, and that just made things worse. I understand how you are feeling. When I was 12, I was sort of "half" raped if that makes any sense. I ended up getting away before he went through with the whole ordeal. Anyway, I've already talked about it a lot so I'm not really going to get into the whole story as it's really long. But if you ever want to talk or need any advice, let me know and I will be more than willing to talk to you, because these things take a long time to get over. Lots of love.

3. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

Thanks so much for actually responding :) Talking about these things does help a lot, I feel better. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience as well, that's really unfortunate. :/

Again, thanks so much for offering me advice and someone to talk to. If I ever need someone, I'll remember that :)

<3