Sexual Harassment Cases Will Backfire.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Jimbee68, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Clearly a lot of sexual cases have come forward, and in a relatively short period of time. And it is good that they have. Clearly most of them are credible. But I predict the sheer number will eventually backfire, and hurt the cause.

If someone has been sexually assaulted, they certainly should come forward. Same thing if they have been severely harassed.

But some of the claims are not as credible, I at least have noticed. One lady said she was groped from behind, as they took her picture. Now, you can clearly see the man has his hand on her backside. But that seems to me to be a little harder to prove. Also as I said before, people complained U.S. Representative John Conyers would sometimes be in his underwear in his office during the day. Not appropriate, I agree. But a little more subjective in meaning, I think.

Mind you, I do think more victims coming forward all of a sudden is overall a good thing. But I predict it will eventually backfire. Just remember I was the first one to predict it.

:) :) :)

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There's a decent mix of attractive levels in this list..a few hot ones, some average, some ugly

Stars accused of sexual harassment and assault

I think the owner of that restaurant with the rape room is attractive, or ya know he would be if he didnt have a rape room . Not the piggy looking chef but the owner

Ben Affleck is attractive, or he would be if he wasnt a walking douche

That guy from gossip girl is too polished for my taste but not ugly by any means

And that guy from Super Size Me, didnt even realize he had accusations against him. He's okay looking

That Brock Turner asshole was as all american good looks as you can get

But if this theory was true it would beg the question, are ugly men more likely to sexually assault/harrass someone or are women more likely to let it slide with attractive guys

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Attorney Lisa Bloom sought compensation for women willing to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct
    Lisa Bloom tried to get Trump accusers paid

Women’s rights lawyer Lisa Bloom sought paydays for women willing to accuse Donald Trump of sexual misconduct at the tail end of the 2016 presidential race, according to an explosive report.

Bloom offered to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets—and arrange compensation from donors for those who came forward with allegations against President Trump, The Hill reported Friday, citing documents, emails and text messages between Bloom and the women.

She arranged for a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage, and offered as much as $750,000 to another woman, who ultimately decided not to come forward, according to the report.

Bloom acknowledged pursuing donations for women who made accusations against Trump before last year’s election.

5. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I just wanted to make clear too, I am merely predicting a future, how all of this will ultimately go. I am not necessarily passing moral judgement on it.

Because all of these people coming forward is certainly a good thing. But the sheer numbers involved could backfire too...

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I do feel that there will be a backlash - with celebrities who have financial security - and 'a buck' to be made from the media of a scoop/story there is always the danger (of what used to be called a honey trap) in order for both 15 minutes of fame and financial gain - this makes a lot of people sceptical.
    In years gone by the 'casting couch' was a fact - but great strides have been made since, and for a good, 25 years several avenues of protection have been put in place (so when it comes to, "this happened to me on the set on all my movies" - I would question) .
    "Just say No" may not help when it comes to advancement of career - but conscience should always come first (the price to be paid to follow a dream does have limits)
    This is not to say it did not occur, it is that in such a high profile environment that 'somebody' (else) should have known - and rather than one person be guilty of the act, that many are guilty - by association
    For those genuine cases - when real bullying comes into a 'lower profile' scenario, and there is no support ,acceptance becomes harder to prove, and the necessity to protect may well see limited progression made - which is more than sad, it is most distressing.

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL A backlash against women blowing the whistle on sexual harassment is not "predicting the future."

It's called the status quo.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmm, I didnt know about the Super size me guy, Merlin Sputnik or whatever his name is, wouldnt have picked him as the type,

Affleck, there was one not terriblt specific one about some on SNL or something, other than that all the fuss seemed to be about him not doing anything about Rose McGowan, which was one that smelt like bullshit to me, alone with Weinstein at the Sundance festival, what other reason would there be for that other than trying to land a decent movie role

Afflecks brother Casey appears now to be a bigger turd than Ben, Magdalena Gorka the 40 year old cinematographer on his set and Casy was carrying on like he did

The other ones you mentioned are nobodies.

Turner got off lightly because of his age and looks, not saying its right, but there are a fare amount of females in the be lenient to Turner camp because of his age and looks, its just the way it is