Sexual Behavior

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by loveydovey, Nov 12, 2017.

1. loveydovey

loveydovey Members

Is it normal for a guy to get violent when he doesn't have sex often? Violent as in punching the walls and saying extremely hurtful things and bringing up things that happened to you and throwing them up in your face like you did something wrong....yeah...I'm all out in left field here and I don't know if this behavior is normal.

2. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't care if it is normal or not.
    You don't have to put up with this behavior, even if it is normal.

If getting violent with one's partner is normal behavior, then you should demand abnormally good behavior from any of your partners.

(And you should exhibit abnormally good behavior to your partners, but that doesn't seem to be difficult for you. I guess you are abnormal. Congratulations!)

3. MikeE

Doesn't matter.

IMO, the OP is entitled to demand above normal behavior from her(?) partners.

Perhaps you and I are interpreting the OP differently.

If the OP is seen as a sociological study type question, "what is the behavior of men" question then "normal" or not is relevant.

If the OP is seen as "what behaviors should I accept" then my response would be that one is not obligated to accept "normal" behavior and, therefore, whether violence is normal is irrelevant to the question.

Edit: I agree with your red flag.

4. MikeE

I don't see why empowering women to reject unacceptable behavior (even if it is normal) should get me on a list.
    The OP can reject any behavior that she wants. Calling something "normal" or "not normal" doesn't require her to accept it.
    And not caring if it is "normal" removes one potential excuse for enduring unacceptable behavior.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's not that we aren't concerned or upset it's just like.. Well to me it's a dumb question. There's a really simple solution here and, you can't help people who won't help themselves.

6. MikeE

The OP's take away from this thread should be that three people think that she shouldn't tolerate violence from her partner.

Our quarreling about the details of that messages shouldn't get in the way of her keeping herself safe.

7. MikeE

Nobody promoted or condoned violence.

8. MikeE

I apologize for not making my position clear.

Let me state it clearly:
    Violence from a partner is unacceptable. Whether is it normal, whether it is a feature of that partner's culture or whatever the reasons for that violence, it is irrelevant to rejecting that unacceptable behavior.

9. MikeE

The reality is that it is an option that too many people indulge.

10. MikeE

Re "a feature"
    In pre-Petrine Russia, it was a custom for the father of the bride to give a stick to the groom. The stick was to be used to beat the woman to keep her obedient. What had been the father's duty (keeping the woman obedient) was now the new husband's duty. (The completion of the custom was for the new husband to break the stick, proclaiming that he would not need it as his bride had been properly brought up.)

Violence towards one's partner was a feature of pre-Petrine Russian culture.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

clearly not...

OP seems like a fairly typical troll post, but given the subject matter i would be inclined not to treat it that way as a precaution. but holy shit, anyone would be scared away by this unprovoked tirade.

12. loveydovey

loveydovey Members

Okay, I feel some clarification is necessary. This is my ex, I broke up with him over 3 months ago because of his behavior. I have told him several times he needs professional help. I am in no way oblivious, I just want to double check that I'm not loopy. Yes, his behavior confuses me because my father never seemed to act this way growing up before he passed. Nor has my mother in any way hinted at this kind of behavior from my father so it is new to me. I have had a lower sex drive since I had our daughter alost 3 years ago so for a while I thought it was me. But now I'm pretty sure he just has some issues he needs resolved before being in a healthy relationship. Like I said, just wanted to double check that I wasn't just losing it. Thank you for the responses!

redshoes likes this.
  13. loveydovey

loveydovey Members

I guess so since I'm the OP and I'm considered a troll.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

10 bucks says the OP and this one are probably working together and a bit inkahootz IYAM.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

OP, i don't know. i'm leaning toward no, but it's too early to tell. regular posters tend to be wary of people that join the forum just to post something off the wall, which "is it normal for a guy to act crazy and violent for no reason" would be an example of.

you, it's starting to seem like it. you just appeared out of nowhere and posted 29 out of 40 messages in a thread, almost all of which were attacking members and the site in general for literally no reason whatsoever.

haha, and what exactly am i pretending to be?

16. MikeE

I don't think you are a troll and I hope that you don't let the spatting here keep you from getting away from this guy.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

just intelligent enough to see through your trolling. which really doesn't take much IQ at this point.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep, that's my guess like I said. :)

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Somebody is getting all poopie. Lol.

20. loveydovey

loveydovey Members

I just wanted a second opinion omg, I didn't realize it would start all this...

redshoes likes this.