Sex Offenders Lists

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 6, 2006.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i also looked at it a few years ago and the brother of the stepdad of my bf at the time was listed... i mentioned it to him and he said it was because of yelling at some young girl.... weird, but then again, so much happens without anybody ever knowing. that same bf was molested by his older stepbrother for a long time, and when the stepbrother killed himself, everybody hailed him as such a good boy... still do... it's weird also how views change toward the dead. hmmm.

2. Xac

Xac Visitor

Thats a little fucked... i mean sometimes people get real drunk and go on nudie runs... sure its not appropriate and it is indecent exposure but i'd hate for anyone to be on the same list as child molester and rapists for a nudie run.

3. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i totally agree.

4. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Xac here is the info your looking for:

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I don't want to know who the sex offenders are in my community as I might have to then go kick their asses all over town and that could get in the way of my life.

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

:D

yeah, that would be bad.

7. free_2_be_me

free_2_be_me Member

I live in the country and would never think that a sex offender would live near me but he does. He moved in a few years ago. The first day my husband met him he came right out and said he was a registered sex offender. My husband was really surprised that they guy was so blunt about it. I have six children and I worry constantly about them being a victim of molestation when I was 8 years old I called our local county court house to get information because as far as I know he isn't suppose to live within so many feet of children and he is just a few hundred feet from my kids and the neighbors children. There is thirteen total. He is also living with three children in his house. The local officials said he can do what every he wants because it is a rural area and there is nothing they can do. I have seen him a church and once seen him a a ballgame at school. I don't let me children go anywhere near that house and I try not to socialize with him. I just feel sorry for the kids livin there. I had a horrible encounter with a man once we were in a doctors office waiting in the lobby with my 2 year old and a man across from us was sitting with a 3 day old baby. He told me that my little girl was pretty and keep going on about it. He didnt seem all there to me. A couple of days later I was watching the news and seen the guy on the tv he had been arrested for molestation and sodomy of a newborn baby. The baby he had with him that day his own son he did that too. They ended giving him two years in a mental facility and 5 years probation. I think that is outrages that man should have gotten life and he won't be going to a prison we he would get a taste of his own medicine. I say and eye for an eye. I just got a sick feeling in my stomach when I remembered how he looked at my little girl and keep staring sayin how pretty she was.

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

While I agree with Megans law I think some states go too far. A few years ago there was a jumper on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Traffic backed up 15 miles around DC for 6 hours. People were leaving their cars to go pee in the bushes along the Capital Beltway. In Virginia, if you get caught urinating in public, at the discretion of the police you can be charged with indecent exposure. So about 70 of the people cited for that just paid the fine and didn't go to court to speak on their own behalf ended up on the sexual offender list. And once you're on it's almost impossible to get off.

THAT sucks.

9. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I think we need a murderer's registry and a thief's registry. Also, let's add physical assault registry, kidnapper's registry, bad checks registry, fraud registry, DUI registry, and a Drug Registry!!

Oh...wait...that would cover everyone, wouldn't it?

America is so obsessed with their fear over sex that they cherry-pick those crimes. I am sorry, but I'd much rather know a MURDERER, THIEF or KIDNAPPER lived next door than worrying about a "Statutory Rape" offender... :rolleyes:

America has SEXUALITY-APHOBIA. We teach our kids lies about sex and sexual development. Puritanism has got to go, and ACKNOWLEDGE TRUTH has to come through in order to progress.

10. antithesis

antithesis Hello

So if we have families and there is a child rapist next door we shouldn't worry? Or if I, as a woman living alone, I shouldn't worry if a rapist is living next door. If you rape someone who are a sick bastard and you don't deserve to be free.

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I have no fear of sex and I am very open about it, but why should that mean that I should be accepting of people getting raped? That makes zero sense.

12. Libertine

You certainly ignored the whole point of my post, didn't you? :rolleyes:

So, just a "rapist"?

What about a murderer? What about physical assault? What about a drug dealer? What about a DUI-er? What about a thief?

You're only worried about a crime that makes up less than 3% of all crime???

No, sex crimes are "cherry picked" not because of the "crime" part of it, but because of the "sex" part of it. We still have laws in America against CONSENSUAL FORNICATION for pete's sake! We have laws against "masturbation for hire"?? WTF??

Like it or not, compared to other civilized nations, the U.S. maybe advertising sex through popular entertainment, but we are still governed by puritanical dinosaurs who think seeing a pair of tits will destroy a child's mind more than watching someone get blown to bits by a machine gun.

13. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Well, most men don't understand that rape is something that women fear every day, is is, at least for me, something more real to me than other crimes. When I am walking down my street at night I don't fear that a drug dealer or a person with a DUI is going to attack me and ruin my life... being raped is one of the greatest fears of my life and I would rather be aware of them being in my neighborhood than any one else

PLUS you missed my point which is that my fear of rapists has nothing to do with me being sexually repressed or WHATEVER.

14. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I'm still trying to decide if you actually think rape is not that bad and we only think it is bad because of our repressed feelings about sex. WHAT!?!?!?!

First of all, rape isn't about SEX you dumbass... it is about having power over someone and being able to make them feel like an object... it is like any assault in that respect, but rape is usually assault against a gender, which in my opinion makes it worse since it is usually women who are targeted, and it is almost always men who are doing the raping, even if it is a guy who is the one being raped.

15. Libertine

First of all with rape being less than 3% of all crime, you are more likely to be hit by drunk driver, robbed or killed in a drive-by than raped. If you are that fearful of it, you need to either carry a gun or get some counseling.

Secondly, I am talking about the sexual repression of the lawmakers on society, not your personal repression. The societal repression leads us to conditioning our minds to believe that a "sex crime" is worse than murder. That a 22 year slapping a 16 year old's ass is somehow more harmful to society than assault or armed robbery. That's just ridiculous.

It's all about America's fear of sex. That's why the lawmakers cherry-pick sex crimes to register online instead of other more potentially dangerous offenses against humans. I am sorry I'd rather know if a former kidnapper lived next door than someone who was arrested for sodomy.

16. Libertine

DO NOT CALL ME NAMES. I never insulted you nor did I suggest "rape is not bad".

Stop creating straw man arguments. You are missing the fucking point.

WHY CHERRY-PICK SEX CRIMES ONLY? That's the point.

If you are going to have a registry, you need to be fair across the board.

17. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Im clear on all of they above, never did any of that, well as for drugs can say I never got caught back in the days of doing them.

I think if you commit a crime and it falls under violent or child rape, not the old sleeping with a minor teen but child rape, you know under teenage I think there should be no time limit. I dont mean prison for life, I mean more like you can get out if you can be deemed likely not to re-offend. I mean why would you release anyone or thing if you thought it would do the same thing it did to be caged for in the first place. I think if while a person they are in prison and they commit a crime of say rape of an imate ect, do what they would do with problem animals, put it down. I mean if you cant handle society and you cant handle not doing BS to another person there, why should they allow that person to live?

I think they should offer honest attempts to rehab and no BS prison games the system pulls like transfering an inmate to another prison and just becuase the old prison guards did not have the proper papers yet, they count the inmate missing and add time to his sentence among other things. Thats BS and should not happen. Also crimes against imates happening on a guards watch, if it can be found the guard may have let shit happen, he should go straight to jail himself.

I think the register system is kinda dumb, 1 there is no way if they are gonna re-offend that a stupid list will stop it. 2 the persons who really want to try to have a new proper life are seriously going to have a rough time and it may trigger problems for them and maybe make them commit crime again.

What my whole point was to starting this thread was, if they are going to have this "LIST" to "Warn" then how effective is it to not offer the picture and a real address? Seemed pointless to even have it if that was going to be allowed.

18. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I can't say I really agree. A good friend of mine is marked as a sexual offender. He was drunk, at a party, and slept with a 15 year old girl. I've seen her and she sure as fuck didn't look 15. But because he didn't ask her for ID he got 6 years of house arrest. He would've gotten prison time, but her dad beat the holy fuck out of him and left him in the hospital for a day or two.

19. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

There are cases even when they girl had fake ID was in a bar and got picked up and he ends up in prison and she gets didly.

I think the term rape should be left to violent force, then there should be something for sex acts with minor children, not so much teens but you know minor under teens and as for teens it should be something else but looked into to see the circumstances. But I guess its all opinions.

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Let's see...

Cause everyone that ever had a non violent drug charge is so scary that we need to know who they are. Yep.