Sex is not a goddamn performance

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Lucretia, Aug 7, 2013.

1. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

No worries!

Cheers

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

When I was dating, I almost always did it on the first date; second date at the latest. It worked out okay for me.

From what I hear these days, most people go through a bit of a slutty phase before they are old enough to be involved in serious relationships. Maybe some of them are having trouble adjusting their approach to sex as they get older and (hopefully) more mature. You know, everything in high school is hyper-competitive. It's such an extreme social pressure cooker.

3. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Really? A thumbs-down for my exhibitionist joke.
    Someone in this thread needs to get fucking laid.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

(innocent--but raises hand)

5. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sex is much better if your mind is not invited to the party, but speaking from experience, this can be extremely difficult.

6. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Some people would say sex is more of a chore than pleasure but the have it to keep the peace with their partner.

7. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

that's horrible

8. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Sometimes partners just give in to their partner & have sex to keep them happy or to stop them complaining about not getting it & I know I have been there a few times. And I weren't the one who gave in.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Agreed, you should find out his first name and star sign first ;)

10. Sexless_harpy

Sexless_harpy Member

Sounds ridiculously idealistic and more than a bit naive. If it was really that simple I wouldn't be using this name

11. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

There's nothing wrong with being idealistic, even if that would make you a tad naive in the process. In my opinion, that sure is better than having a jaded outlook on sex, and life in general.

12. bonita95

bonita95 Member

do people that sex a lot get bored fast of sex or does it make your sex needyness greater?

13. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I should also add, there's nothing wrong with putting on a show for your man. Only that it shouldn't take away from actually enjoying what's going on.

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

A new, non-competitive metaphor for sex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF-CX9mAHPo"]Al Vernacchio: Sex needs a new metaphor. Here's one ... - YouTube

15. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

That, oftentimes, would depend on how meaningful the sex is in my opinion. If you're having sex a lot but it's making you feel empty inside, I'm sure you're going to want to stop that cycle sooner or later. BUT, if the sex keeps you feeling energized, sexually adventurous, youthful, eager, and generally happy, then chances are that the sex isn't just sex but is part of something greater that bonds you and your partner.

But in that case, the reason you would have sex a lot probably wouldn't be because the sex is great, but rather you would because you and your partner appreciate each other so much that, without even thinking, you're in bed together making SATISFYING love merely because sex is ONE way of expressing love, affection, and appreciation.

That's what I think, anyway.

16. bonita95

bonita95 Member

thanks, i like the sound of that it gives sex more value :love:
    umm which things count as sex is it just intercourse or do the foreplay things count too? and do simple things like sitting on his lap during tv count in the sex category?

17. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

I like this thread. As I've gotten older (and hopefully more mature), what I've come to realize is how dysfunctional humans can be. We take something as beautiful and spiritually energetic as sex and drown it in religion (guilt), politics (sexism) and money (trafficking, etc) and deny our humanity in the process. Is it any wonder that it becomes a theater of the absurd?

I used to be in the 'lifestyle', i.e., swinging and I'm here to tell you that most of my experiences have been good, but some were quite honestly demeaning to me. I eventually got tired of playing the role of 'stunt cock' and decided to leave that life behind. Now, I focus on the spiritual aspect of sex and try to make the experience meaningful and powerful emotionally, spiritually and physically.

I would love to start a movement to reclaim sexuality from the clutches of our commercialized and corrupt society. This would take the 'teeth' out of this misconception that sex has to be a performance, IMHO. We are meant to be beautiful, loving beings, not reactive, judgmental robots, programmed by a self-destructive society that is destroying our souls.

I realize now that I've wandered off topic from the original ideas in this thread, but I just wanted to say this...;-) And I'm not even high or anything, lol!

18. bonita95

bonita95 Member

that word c*ck is so gross-sounding. i can't believe people wanna say that.

19. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

@OP This is so true.

20. Lucretia

Lucretia Member

And I'm glad you did! Exactly what I would love the world to embrace, and what a lovely world that would be.