Sex In the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

What will sex be like in the future? Serious question. And an important one too, I think.

I know, according to books that try to devise such things, like Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, governments of the future might use sex to control us.

On the other hand, maybe in some far off, very-much-in-the-future, Utopia, we may no longer have no need for sex. (Even in Brave New World, the kids are made in hatcheries. So why would they need sex?)

I realize your answers would just be forecasts and predictions, and should be taken with a grain of salt, even if it came from an expert. But I still would be interested to see what you come up with.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As technology advances it will move to sex androids. It's just how the human mind works. This same technology will be curing cancer yet we just want to bust a nut in the end. Once that happens people will not really need other people anymore. I mean you can program something to be a good mate and you can build her to look like a super model. So dealing with other people is kind of a bother.

You think people are disconnected now with smart phones and all that look 100 years in the future. People might only have sex with other people a few times in their life simply to keep the human race going.

Driftrue likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Hell... I don't even remember what sex was like in the past.

Toasted Oats likes this.
  4. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Sex, money and power will always be with us.

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

What unfocusedanakin said... but also virtual reality. That will be affordable for more people before sex robots are.

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I’ll just dress up as a robot.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Well I don't think I'd be the only woman to be expecting a hell of a lot from a sex robot..
    so be warned.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that sounds way better than the current system of using fear to control us.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Watch Demolition man

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The movie THX-1138 describes what sex may be like after 'those who will control' have ended the coming chaos and have finally put themselves where they have wanted/deserved to be. The drones "lucky" enough to survive, will continue to serve the elites that remain and the old concept of governing lawfully will be seen to have been ' a diversion' tolerated quite long enough.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

A quick shag in the dark, missionary position.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seriously, I can remember them crapping on in the late 80s how virtual reality was going to change the world.

Aint going to happen

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as long as there exist species of more then one gender that require them to mate to perpetuate them, then of course there will be this sexual mating taking place.

as to social rituals and the pursuit of pleasure, fashions evolve perpetually.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And he found that to be not helpful lol.

15. As people get progressively dumber, men will once again drag women to their caves for gangbangs. The ass will evolve to carry babies. Everyone will be toothless, and the vagina will be a useless organ like the appendix.

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You could be right about that, but I'm not as sure as you.

This set me off thinking last night, and I imagined for the first time a type of "virtual reality" coming about that isn't really like what it has always been portrayed as being. Instead of it being a specific device/machine, it will be the combining of several different aspects of our lives, like social media and phones, videos, snap chat filters, eventually things that create physical or emotional sensations. (I watched a TED talk once by David Eagleman about being able to extend the five senses by using technology to translate other data into sensation)

And "virtual reality" will just be a state of being we've created, just by filling our lives with so many different virtual things. I haven't thought about this long so probably badly described.

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The future is all about sexbots only much more life-like...i.e. Westworld

[​IMG]

18. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Commiserations.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sex is sex. but we do need to do something to reduce fertility in an unbiased manor.
    because standing room only doesn't work. 99% will be malnourished and ill long before we get to be that many of us.
    (and the one percent won't be that much better off, if at all)
    we're heading there now.
    and population is a factor in environmental collapse.
    that's why it stopped being honest wholesome good clean fun, for children of all ages,
    because there's already too damd many of us.

of course everyone living shorter lives the more of us there are would be natural,
    but i'm not volunteering for that either.

i'd rather see all of us living twice as long, with maybe a 20th as many alive at any one time.
    but not people killing each other either. just that many fewer being born.

the pill for men, and hand them out in high school. and something in the water too.
    (if that could be done without making it taste as bad as that damd fluoride did)

more people being gay would help too, so that needs to be encouraged more instead of the opposite.
    (not attracted to that either, but the more people are i'm happy for them, and for the help that gives to lowering the birthrate especially)

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

If I could be permanently sterilized without side effects or invasive surgery, I'd do it, for sure.

As it is, even the methods that are available aren't easy to get carried out just on the basis you don't want kids.