severe weight issues

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by barefoot_kirstyn, Jun 12, 2006.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

a friend of mine has a low thyroid and she's the one who suggested it to me. This is a little graphic, but I've always gotten these bad stomach aches/diareah (sp?) at least 3 times a week and since having leane, they've just gotten worse....now it's everyday!
    She said that she had the same problem exactily, and her doctor said that some of the other symptoms are heavier weight and fatigue. I've always had problems with both.....
    I got the blood taken yesterday, and I'm going back in 2 weeks to see the results.
    If I start taking medication for it, will it help increase my metabolism, as the underactive thyroid slows it down?
    My doctor doesn't usually shy away from meds....so hopefully i will get them if this is the case.

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

pfft. my mother was started on thyroid medication and she's feeling fantastic. she's 56 years old, heavier than i am, smokes, drinks, and STILL has more energy than i do.

3. sonador_hermosa

sonador_hermosa Member

KC, i would go to a different health care provider and get a second opinion on that....if you show a doctor you are informed about your condition and assertive enough, they will pretty much have no choice but to treat you, even if it isn't severe...