Setting a website as an icon on Firefox desktop.

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by jambo101, Apr 29, 2013.

1. jambo101

jambo101 Member

I like to have icons of my favorite websites on my desktop so they are just one click away. on Internet Explorer this is easy just click on the website and when the menu pops up click on create shortcut.
    however i mostly use Firefox and its not as easy, basically i click on the website and when the menu pops up my only option seems to be
    "save page as" which i usually save to desktop whereby 2 icons appear on the desk top,one with a booklike icon the other to the actual website but the website is just a copy of the page i saved and not an up to date view of the current website.
    Theres got to be an easier way than to return to IE every time i want to embed a website on my desk top..
    Thanks for any help..

2. black veils

black veils Guest

3. jambo101

jambo101 Member

Thanks .. That worked , so easy i feel kinda dumb for not knowing..:redface:

4. kingofthemoon1313

kingofthemoon1313 Member

Make the window smaller and click and drag the bookmark from the drop down menu onto the desktop.