Sesame Street

Discussion in 'TV' started by squawkers7, Aug 16, 2005.

1. vimmeroony

vimmeroony Member

oh man, sesame street! Yeah i like Oscar and Grungetta.. and those aliens that went "yup yup ba-ha, ba-ha!"

My favourite song though would have to be that Word is "No!" song

"No parking
    No biking
    No swimming
    No hiking
    No driving too fast or slow

And the word is no (no, no, no, no, no, no, no)
    And the word is no (no, no, no, no, no, no, no)
    And the word is.... "

2. Style

Style Member

Big bird was always my favorite because he was the main guy.

3. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

Oscar the Grouch was my fave

And I loved the 1-2-3-4-5, 6-7-8-9-10, 11, 12 song

4. lovelikeair

lovelikeair Member

sesame street used to scare me as a child.

5. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

[​IMG]

That guy (can't EVER remember his name) and the count were my favs. I learned how to count in french because of that bloodsucker ^_^

6. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

thats grover

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

After long and careful thought (and extensive study of the Sesame Street Encyclopedia), I've come to the conclusion that even with all my love and appreciation for the lesser-known characters, Cookie Monster is absolutely my favorite. He sang my favorite song as a child ("C is for Cookie"), and he always seemed like he'd be so much fun to hug.

I also feel it necessary to mention that Big Bird snoring is the greatest thing in the world. I remember the first time I ever heard him snore, I was 4 years old and watching a video that was playing at the Ronald McDonald House we were staying in after my brother had been born prematurely, and I laughed so much my parents had to buy me a copy of the video. Though, I'm not quite sure which one it was. I also remember having a copy of the video where Big Bird gets pnuemonia and visits the hospital. I loved that video(I've got a medical fetish that apparently has been alive in me since I was little).

My brother and I had an interactive system, similar to a DVD player when we were kids, called a CD-I (Compact Disc Interactive), and we had two Sesame Street discs for it. I remember we had more fun with that thing than we ever did with the next door neighbor's Nintendo or my Sega Genesis. I wish it had been a more popular thing, it was so cool, but I don't know of anybody else that's even heard of them. It was much more educational than video games. Sorry, getting off topic a little there. This just reminded me of that, especially all the talk about the songs. In the games we had, you could go into different people's houses and listen to their radio and watch their TV's and they had songs from the show on there. It was great. Man...I'm gonna have to dig that thing back out and hook it back up. It's time to revert to my childhood, hehe.

8. mascotucorazon956

mascotucorazon956 Member

How dare none of you acknowledge the worms!! No lines but genuine sense of compassion! werent they oscar's or sumthin', and he'd speak up for 'em?
    grover, oscar, and the aliens are still the shit though:eek:

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

10. pabloman

pabloman Member

Who was it on Sesame Street that sang about Rubber Ducky?

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Ernie sings that!

Rubber ducky, you're the one,
    You make bathtime so much fun,
    Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of you...

Ahem. And so on. ;)