Seriously.. ALL THESE PEOPLE CAN

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by jo_k_er_man, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

right... it's not a matter of how much i love phish.. its the fact that i refuse to help spread the taint of ticket scalpers

2. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I get what your saying, nobody wants to pay some fucker more then face value.

3. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

you are all the free market's bitches

4. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

so its common knowledge that many ticketmaster releases go to ticketsnow instead of the public. Fuckin bullshit which people have been yelling about for a minute...garden state is finally listening. maybe we'll see justice in future

5. guybob1000

guybob1000 Member

Instead of whining about the ticket seller inability to stop scalpers maybe you should thank them for having the tickets priced so reasonably. Think about it, if a scalper can sell a ticket for double the regular price than the ticket seller could easily raise the price themselves.

And anyways, its the free market, if a 50 dollar ticket will sell for 150$ than the market value of that ticket is 150$
    Scalpers are doing the same thing that anyone in trade does and if they can buy the tickets before they sell out why cant you?

6. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

because when they own the ticket broker that gets the grip of tickets youre violating Trade law.

If you're going to come to the discussion understand the issues

7. guybob1000

guybob1000 Member

It would appear from what i read about the subject that scalpers are not the problem. Since Ticketmaster owns Ticketsnow, It is nothing more than price manipulation. Of course this is a problem but really its peoples own fault. Everytime someone spends their money at ticketmaster or ticketsnow they are saying "I approve of the way you do business"

There will always be people trying to rip you off, all you can do is be smarter than them and not give them your business.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

if im buying from ticketbastard im thinking "well i can't go to the venue or have the money to order online through the website.. so i gotta get raped by ticketbastard"

9. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

^ exactly, its basically a monopoly, most venues have contracts with ticketmaster