Serious Question

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Loki, May 13, 2004.

1. Loki

Loki Member

So without any backround, what would u guys define as the begginings of a drug problem?

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

When the drug negitavely effects your life but you keep doing it. Or if it is a highly addictive drug, a problem starts when you start to use it habitually.

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

And you seriously feel like you can't live without it...

Like, I used to do coke, and one day I noticed that I could hardly do shit or have any energy without it (or so I thought), so I quit. Then I found out I was just lazy. :)

4. serra

serra tentacle girl

when it begins to get in the way of your every day routines.
    if you skip obligations to use drugs, or to get drugs, or to do activities that will procur you drugs.

also when you:
    start to loose friends over drugs
    start smoking drywall because you think it is drugs
    call people's houses at 5am screaming for drugs
    sell things you own to get drugs
    sell other people things to get drugs
    steal drugs to get drugs
    steal money to get drugs
    lie to your friends about drugs

.... hope that helps. i have had some friend with problems if ya wanna chat lemme know... =)

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

well a problem can be considered a lot of things.

some people stop getting positive insights and what not from drugs after maybe 10 times, but continue to use them. this is a littler problem, but has the potential to evolve into a bigger one.

some people fell they would fall apart if they didnt use the drug.

when a drug starts to tear you from your lifestyle in negative ways, and stops you from seeing it.

6. Tsubasa

Tsubasa Member

I think that if you are at the point where you are wondering if you or someone else has a drug problem, the answer is probably yes. But if the drug has changed the person in question while they are sober as well as high, that's a definite sign of drug problem. Or if they start to mold their life around the drug as opposed to the other way around. We were put here to live our lives, not live in a drug-feuled high. (As fun as that may sound sometimes :))

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

serra, what if i just smoke dry wall? cause, u know, i gotta fat sack from the home depot last week; blew my fuckin mind

No, really, i had noting constructive to say about this post, except for good luck with whatever your tryin not to do

8. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I would say a drug problem is when you start depending on the drug. When instead of just wanting it, you need it. That's when the fun is over, and it becomes for you as a way of life where the drugs are the only thing that matters.

9. Velouria

Velouria Member

^^^^^^

What she said. And when your body becomes dependent on it if it's one of those drugs.

10. Darius

Darius Member

i think looking back on the past few years and now that i dont anymore but shittt when you start drinking cough syrup or taking cold medicine recreationally step the fuck back and back shit up. Im not saying i regret doing it cuz i have learned alot from DXM but something i dont wanna go back to ANYTIME soon especially when other things are starting to be at my disposal. Im picking up some shrooms soon and talk of LSD is starting to surface. Never use LSD or any psychedelic as some sort of counciousness expantion because drugs are in NO WAY meant to do that. You pick up some interesting theorys while under the influence but that is all they are and in no means should be pushed on anyone else. Ie... "Dude you gotta drop some LSD it has shown me life" i feel sorry for the bitter/sweetness of those situations because it is great that they have found life but its a bitch that it took a drug to do this to you and thats why i have a love/hate relationship with ecstasy and can almost see the drug becomeing a problem if i let it.

Drugs are only problems if YOU let them become problems, with the exception of pyshically addictive drugs because you can be the most willed and motivated person in the world like my father but lady H destroyed him and he regrets every touching a needle.

11. Devocet

Devocet Member

Leave me alone I Dont have a problem, YOURE ALL CRAZY

12. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

YEA AND EVERYONE STOP SPYING ON ME SO MUCH, I WOULDN'T BE FUCKING PARANOID IF YOU WEREN'T SPYING ON ME THROUGH HIDDEN CAMERAS!

13. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Like Devocet implies, Paranoia is one good indicator.