Serious question about brain damage/lost brain cells, etc

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by interval_illusion, Aug 15, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

Okay... Im actually a pretty smart person. Not a genius but intelligent enough. Thing is.... even though I dont abuse any drugs or alcohol, or well.....ANYTHING including caffeine or nicotine anymore.... I have done A LOT of that in the past.

Ive eaten probably over 500 esctasy pills, drank every day for a long time, etc.-
    and Ive realized that even after i stopped all this stuff (i havent done esctasy for over two or three years now....) that I can read and understand just fine. I can read fast and understand context of just about everything and it's not that im saying im STUPID

but im not really too sharp anymore...espiecially speaking. see, i never USED to have ANY of these problems... i stutter sometimes now, and sometimes i have to talk really slow so i DONT stutter, i dont often have much to say... kinda lethargic, ya know?....

i forget things a lot.... constantly have to write things down to remember.

I just feel like i have lost A LOT of brain cells and i didnt even really realize it til i stopped doing the things that were making me lose them.

SOOOOO (and thanks for reading this far)..... here are my questions....

first- how much of brain damage is (or you think is) permanent or how much is temporary? how much of the brain cells do you get back?

and also, are there any NATURAL supplements or anything that WORK that can have a person regain their mental capacity/clarity and strength?

thanks. :D

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

extacy is very dangerouse for brain cells, i had a freinfd who had a severe habit, & now she has serius problems walking to the store at the end of her block shed write herself notes with detailed instructions how to get to the store then forget where she put it, she'd get lost 5 feet from her front door
    ofcourse she was dealling so was doing about 1600$ worth a week..her habbit was very severe..but ex can really mess ya up.. there are natural supliments like ginko & others that may help..all i can say is try a few different ones for a couple months each till you find the one that seems to work the best
    people really need to learn to respect the substances they use & realize the pottential consequences..

3. interval_illusion

wow. thats a serious e habit... just damn....

well, yeah, i totally agree about the respect thing for whatever you choose to put into your body...and knowledge. however, when i was eighteen, nineteen, twenty... did i care? lol! no!

anyways... i know one thing that does help me a bit is to KEEP reading, keep learning, doing memory excercises, etc...

but with esctasy, for example, it's not really known yet if the brain damage is permanent or not. there are a lot of conflicting studies. i suppose that bugs me.

i know i got MAD holes in my brain though.... :(

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

The important thing is to draw a line in the sand...you are where you are now, and you are going to get better from there

and yea, thats an unbelieveable e habit....I don't understand:D

5. interval_illusion

when i used to roll A LOT it was like 2 to 4 times a week, 4 to 10 pills a roll but even if they were 25 a roll *which they never were*, that would only be a MAX. of.....1,000 dollars a week

and actually i never spent NEAR that much a week.... that's like MAX, MAX, MAX... rolling four times a wk., 10 pills a roll.. um, yeah, anyways, what was i saying... i mean, thinking- oh yeah

once i would roll really good one night, after like a month or so of heavy rolling- i wouldnt be ABLE to roll for another week.

6. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

The brain is quite an amazing organ that can repair itself when needed. However, I believe that it depends on how much damage one suffers.

7. paradigm

paradigm Member

There is an interesting study, on Erowid, about the damage MDMA can do to the language center of your brain. I would provide you with the link, but the site is blocked here at work. I can tell you that I still experience the same issues after having done this in the past. Mostly with not thinking of the correct word (stuttering) and saying a completely wrong word.

8. interval_illusion

yeah that about explains it....

9. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: The brain is quite an amazing organ that can repair itself when needed.

Incorrect. The brain can adapt, but it cannot repair.

10. interval_illusion

yeah i mean once the cells are gone, they're gone but new ones are generated

11. stranger

stranger Member

did you feel like you described when you did your cleanse recently?????

12. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Why did you say yeah when you obviously don't get it? :rolleyes: Yeah (the brain does not repair itself (As in no new cells)) I mean once the cells are gone, they're gone but news ones are generated. :rolleyes:
    And no offense, but starting with saying "Okay, I'm actually a pretty smart person.." is not exactly the surest sign of intelligence. :rolleyes:

13. interval_illusion

you really are a jack ass. you go around picking apart everything i say all the time.

i said "yeah" because i DO get it and ive known that for a long time. once a brain cell dies, it's dead.- that is common sense, so in that sense then brain does not repair itself. and then i said that new ones are generated.... meaning new brain cells are formed.....

hmmmmm. i really dont see your point there except that once again you are nit picking and trying to prove me wrong on anything that you can.

and why is starting this thread with "okay, im actually a pretty smart person...", "not exactly the surest sign of intelligence"?

i started this thread with that to give some back ground information- that i have above average intelligence, etc., etc.- therefore, when i would go on to explain the "symptoms" that i experience people would understand WHY i experience them, so that maybe i could get an answer for my question.... which i still havent yet (possibly because no one knows for sure).

in any case, i am so sick of you. following me around (not purposly i am sure), but still... just a constant... nitpicking annoyance you are. ex- "why did you say 'yeah' when you didnt understand?" um, maybe cause i DID understand. who the fuck are you to think you know what i know or dont know?

please dont respond to me again on the forums because you will be wasting your time. you annoy me too much- blocked.

14. interval_illusion

still doing it actually. :)

and significantly decreased....

15. Soulless||Chaos

You still don't get it! :D THE BRAIN DOES NOT GENERATE NEW CELLS. It will adapt functions to other various parts of the brain as best it can when there is damage, but IT DOES NOT REPAIR ITSELF, NO NEW CELLS. :rolleyes:

As for the rest I don't follow you around, I rarely respond to your threads. :rolleyes: and you didn't get what I meant by the intelligence thing either.. In my experience, those so quick to claim it generally are more than slightly lacking. :rolleyes:

16. interval_illusion

i dont know what you said and you can reply all you want and try to start shit...notice, i never start shit with you. you always start shit with me.

this isnt random thoughts or young hippies... why dont you take the drama back there and let people actually discuss health issues here instead of bickering like a bunch of kids?

bye.

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Don't worry Trish, we have many brain cells and the lingering effects of what has happened to your brain will decrease over time....its not like you had a massive head wound.

18. Soulless||Chaos

I'm not trying to start shit. Whatever. :rolleyes:

19. interval_illusion

hehe.. sometimes i feel like it. and it's always at the worst time.. like at a job interview. i feel like just stopping and telling the person "sorry, im mentally disabled" lol

:D

20. stranger

stranger Member

HAHA trish i am very much in the same boat sometimes, but ive noticed its always when ive been gourging myself in food and things i shouldnt be. not so much food i guess, but just food i shouldnt eat. like 5 bowls of watermelon wont even touch what a bowl of cereal does to my being.... just keep up the cleansing, its good stuff for sure. keeps you right where you need to be, always. you have to think, cleansing removes sooo much toxicity from the body and possibly even the toxicity from some of the dope youve done... so in a way that is how you can heal some of your cells, especially when you consider one fifth of the food we eat goes to our brain. what are you down to consuming now? im glad you discovered cleansing though, consider yourself blessed ;)