sepultura

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by junkhead, Jun 18, 2006.

1. junkhead

junkhead Member

listening to them now
    this is the shit

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't really dig them anymore. Arise and Beneath the remains are still ok. Used to like Chaos a.d. and Roots as well. I have some Sepultura shorts for sale for the fan :p

3. Camdread

Camdread Member

Used to like a few of their songs, but definatly not one of my favourite bands.

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Good old Sepultura....gotta love these guys. They have alot of albums, but Chaos A.D., Arise, and Beneath the Remains are the best. The other ones aren't bad either, but these three seem to sum up the bands entire history.

5. junkhead

junkhead Member

hell yeah
    i love those cds
    my favourite is chaos AD

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I remember when I first heard these guys....me and friend were hanging out one day, jammin to different shit, mostly metal on that particular day. and I'm like, "man, wouldn't it be fuckin sweet if they took good old thrash metal and gave it some tribal sounding drums (we had some sort of african jungle natives prog on in the background on the discovery channel.) and hes like " dude, haven't you ever heard of Sepultura? thats exactly what they did" and ever since then, yeah. I didn't have to do it myself, cuz someone already did it for me, way better than I could have ever done.

7. Conservationist

Conservationist Member

Hell yeah! I really like their early stuff too, "Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation," which is rough and raw death metal like early Possessed and Slayer.

8. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

I like them... Too bad max ruined everything when he went to soulfly and sucked ass.

9. Conservationist

Conservationist Member

yeah, Soulfly was pretty bad, but old Sepultura is still the bomb \m/

10. VileKyle

VileKyle Member

Sepultura are nothing now, There arent even any origional members. Their old tunes is where its at.

11. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Dante XXI has nothing on previous albums.
    I love Soulfly though, couldn't care less about what others think of them, the fact is they're mixing many different styles, instruments from around the World and methods of play together to produce something that's original and influential. If you watch Soulfly's first DVD I guarantee you'll respect Max a lot more.
    My favourite Sepultura album has to be Chaos A.D. (fav song Propaganda) closely followed by Roots (fav song Born Stubborn).
    But hell, at least Soulfly still play the most famous old Sepultura songs in concert to prove they're not dead.

12. almauro

almauro Member

Let me just start by saying I'm not a purist. I like it when bands mix it up and try different influences outside of their domain. The different rhythms of ROOTS may not be pure metal, but you can't argue that tunes like "Ratamahatta" groove and pulverize at the same time. Thumbs up to the Boys from Brazil.

Party Guy

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Sepultura are classic. I grew up listening to them. I remember knowing all the words to "Refuse, Resist" before knowing English.

14. Fallen Empire

Fallen Empire Member

Sepultura where gods in the day and they better do a fucking reunion tour. But I also have to give mad props to Max and the boys in soulfly. They fucking tear it up.

15. StonerMetalHead

StonerMetalHead Member

Without a doubt my favorite tribal death metal from South America

16. easy_rider69

easy_rider69 Member

Sepultura rocks. As does Soulfly, Ill follow Max Cavalera till the day he dies.

17. junkhead

junkhead Member

fuck yeah