September 27, 2004

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by K-Town Smackdown, May 26, 2004.

1. K-Town Smackdown

K-Town Smackdown Member

Has anyone else heard about what will happen on Sept. 27? According to scientists there is a 63.8% chance of a meteor hitting the earth. They say hopefully it will hit an ocean or Anartica. But what if it hits America? or better yet Iraq? But lets say for example it hits Kansas, about 1 minute before impact you can see the meteor with the naked eye. About a minute after impact everything within a 1,000 miles of Kansas is gone. This will then lead to months maybe years of darkness.
    My friend is freaking out about this and says it maybe the apocolypse. She says there is a war, those bugs that come around every 17 years, and then the grand finale a meteor is going to hit the earth!! I, of course, do not believe her it's just a bunch of bullshit. It will probably hit an ocean, because the earth is 70% water!
    So, what I'm wondering has anyone else heard about this? or is it just the work of the tabloid press?

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Well, I've never heard of it and don't believe it. But, even if it did hit an ocean it could still destroy the earth (assuming this is real of course) If it hits an ocean it would cause a massive tidal wave and eventually the oceans would get screwed up and a cloud of ash would cover the earth. If it hits antarctica, the entire southern ice cap would melt and half the earth would get flooded. But I don't believe the meteor would hit anyway.

3. K-Town Smackdown

K-Town Smackdown Member

That's what I'm screaming. This is not going to happen, this maybe the most fame the tabloid press will ever see.

4. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

impossible.

the medias would have talked bout it all over the world.and made a big thing out of it like: "Apocalypse on 27th September 04.

i really think it's only, as you say, the work of a tabloid press.

5. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

All I can say is that it's about fucking time.... :)

7. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Isn't America doing enough of that already?

As already stated, if it WERE a true thing, it would've been broadcast all over the world MONTHS before now.

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

That's bullshit because if they knew it was going to happen somone would have invented a laser or something such as that to blow it up by now and everyone would be screaming and building underground shelters like they did in the 60s because of the cuban missile crisis.

9. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

at least i'll reach my 18th birthday. thats all that matters

10. Marley-Sunshine

Marley-Sunshine Member

What do you mean "or better yet"?

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

read some of the other posts made by this imbicile and you'll understand

12. Orsino

Orsino Member

Yes, Mr.Conservative simpleton, it is usually pronounced, by most people, "anartica" but the proper spelling is A-n-t-a-r-c-t-i-c-a.

13. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Dont jump on him for beign a conservative, he can be that just like you people can be liberal, or I can be in between.

14. sitareric

sitareric Banned

It doesnt matter, the apocalypse is coming

15. Orsino

Orsino Member

It's not the fact that he's conservative, he can damn well jump on me if he feels but the "or better yet, Iraq" comment doesn't really have anything to do with the meteor. Not to mention that, but if I was an Iraqi and somebody from another country was trying to stuff a b.s. government down my throat, i'd be pretty pissed myself because we have no reason being there to begin with... Do you really think President Bush gives a flying fuck about kids in Iraq who got blown up? Hell no. And if the bastard had enough sense he'd get out now. He blew the country up. Have you ever heard of the "you break it you buy it" rule? Well if he wants to blow the damn country up, he ought to just buy it. Establishing a government. What right does he have to do that. He ought to rebuild, leave it up to the people to decide, and get all the military back in the U.S. If Dubya wants a "war", he can fucking pay for it out of his own pocket.

[​IMG]

16. Natz

Natz Member

oh great. but i could imagine it happening. no future for me then.

17. sitareric

sitareric Banned

When do you stop fighting terrorism? There is no end, especially if what you are creating could be labeled as the same thing. When will we shed away the old ways of government, shed away ego oriented, conservative fundamentalist, oppressive and repressive leaders? We need some good news, the earth and humanity needs a phase of ectisis.

18. Orsino

Orsino Member

Whoa... I just had the strangest thought... there's like... 6,300,000,000 people on Earth. What if right before the thing hit, there was this huge festival with music and stuff and the entire world had a mass orgy? What if they lived? Lotsa STD's I bet... whoo... Only I would think of that. :D

19. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

That's 11 days before my birthday.

Nah I don't buy it (world ending, that is). Considering those theories have a track record of all being total bollocks.

We should just get on with our lives.

TTFN

Sage

20. sunshinedaisy11

sunshinedaisy11 Member

It sounds like a bunch of crap. I doubt it'll actually happen. For something that big everyone around the world would of heard of it by now. SOmeone probably just made it up cuz they were bored or something.