Separating Nudity From Sexuality

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by matt1162, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

Did I use the word "think"!?
    It is what I have been told, many times, at home, in the studio, the beach, bushwalking... a lot. What people may think can be very different to what they sayd. So iIt's flattering, but I don't care and I'll get folds, bulges and wrinkles eventually. Stiff cheddar.

2. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

I read this response over and over and in all honesty I really do not know what it means. It sounds extreme though. And a contradiction of sorts maybe...

3. Aranmich

Aranmich Members

I actually think that you cannot separate nudity from sexuality. I am a full-time nudist while no one else that I know is. I find myself often becoming aroused in front of them, because there is an aspect of sexuality that comes from being naked in front of other people. I can't tell you how many times my body has become flushed because I became aware that a guest in my home was looking at my body. Granted, being a woman, it's a little easier to hide it, but I have stopped hiding it. I think it's okay to be aroused in front of other people.

shanks59 and FireWolf78 like this.
  4. Aranmich

Aranmich Members

I've never been able to separate the two. Most women can hide their arousal, but my body betrays me. There have been so many times where I was the only one naked, and the feeling of being observed like that gets me aroused and it's obvious. Just the other day I was having a conversation with a neighbor about some house repairs and I started to get flushed right in front of him. My nipples got hard and I could feel my vulva swelling. We ended up having sex because I was so turned on by the whole thing.

5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I've always been a believer in the philosophy, probably an unpopular one among nudists/naturists, that sexuality and nudity are meant to be CHERISHED in the same light. I don't see the point in deliberately separating the two, though, one certainly DOES get used to being nude in front of others. But I'm a believer that we're all sexual beings first and foremost, no matter how young or old. The whole notion of the nudity being accepted as a "natural" thing while something like an erection being frown upon even though it's a perfectly natural physical response, to me, is absurd.

6. ugimon

ugimon Members

I just use my own yard as well. I am pretty sure nudism is illegal in my state but there is a private club that is too far away. There was a beach on long island where it was overlooked in a remote part but a new director of some sort has decided to not overlook it. When I was 18 I got my first look at two guys having full on sex in the dunes. That might be why they put an end to it. I remember being amazed that people really did that sort of thing! Anyway it is nice on the right day to just be nude and walk around and sit and have my morning coffee that way. I don't like bugs like biting flies, Nat's, or even non biting ones that annoy me and I like them less in the nude. So there are some practical constraints, for me at least.

7. ugimon

ugimon Members

Curious about your post. I would think that there must be times when it becomes bothersome to be nude when others are not. What does it mean to be full time nudist, do you work? How about the women in the neighborhood? How do they treat you?

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes, you can act sexually suggestively in a bikini, or not remotely suggestively, naked.

Maybe what the question is, is how to get non-nudists to understand that we're not always being sexual just because we're naked. The answer is that we probably can't!

FireWolf78 likes this.
  9. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I think the two can be separated depending on the situation and place. A sauna can be a comfort, relaxation, and not sexual, for example.

FireWolf78 likes this.
  10. Gargantua

Gargantua Members

This little exchange demonstrates how easy it seems to be online to overthink and overtalk a topic. Dare I say, "there is less here than meets the eye"? The physical person, the sexual person, the intellectual person, the emotional person, the spiritual person -- these are aspects of a gestalt, an indivisible whole, not neat little categories with inviolable boundaries. The whole person, whether physically naked or clothed, is necessarily physical, sexual, intellectual, emotional and spiritual. Where's the point in talking as though it were possible to cut these things off from each other?

Agreed that North America is a drag for nudists. After one has been in Deutschland, Istria, Costa del Sol, Ibiza, Cote d'Azur and similar places it does tend to make one impatient with the puritanical uptightness of USA and Canada. It's hard to believe how many citizens of our continent are not comfortable with their own skins.

11. Jesse49

Jesse49 Members

Generally I don’t separate the two. I’ve had erections at a nude beach looking at both men and women. Also have seen many other men with erections there. Wether sexual or not it happens.

FireWolf78 and NudistTed like this.
  12. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

It's a natural reaction when one gets aroused. If anyone has a problem with the fact it happens, shame on them. Don't be a hypocrite if one becomes turned on & shy away. Since I get aroused seeing both sexes in the flesh. I think it's ok to have it happen. If you want it lead to sexual interests, please be discret about it & remove yourself from the circumstances.

Lucky 777 likes this.
  13. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

Getting aroused is as natural as sneezing or having hiccups. There are some things we just can't control. Most people just use their common sense according to where there are and who is around them as to whether they feel it's okay to walk around erect or to lie on your front to hide it.

MasseurNaturel and FireWolf78 like this.
  14. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We go to a private campground/ Resort here in the states. We spent 8 months there last year and never once saw a man with a erection. That said, we saw plenty semi erect, and I guarantee the women were looking including my wife. It really is no big deal. The US needs lighten up on nudity.

Very Fast Car and FireWolf78 like this.
  15. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

I totally agree with you on that. Here in the USA there's a lot people who are just afraid. If you are afraid or not wanting to see nudity, then don't look or condemn us for allowing Us Nudists to be happy.

Panama Jack and bill697cu like this.
  16. Steveh

Steveh Members

My wife looks at them too

FireWolf78 likes this.
  17. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

If anyone can't separate the two, one should not try to be a nudist. It only complicates situations. I know I can differentiate the difference, it's about how mature someone can be in a circumstance. I'm 43 now & I know if I'm put into an awkward position, I know how to get out of it.

Society in general, I think they need to understand us people who live our lives naked need to understand fully we're not at all sexual predators or force anything onto anyone else. We just feel that we're comfortable in our own bodies. So shame on those who oppose & if it offending others, either look away & not engage or engage with us & understand why we are who we are.

I'm going to try to go to a nudist community to visit with others this year & I know that I will be sure to have fun. That's why I said before I love being naked.

noodist_jen likes this.
  18. FireWolf78

FireWolf78 Members

I totally agree with you on that.

19. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

Indeed, and sexuality is not an on or off thing, but something that's there to a higher or lower degree. When I hang out naked in mixed company in a festival setting where there's a beach or sauna, it's not a sexual situation. Even so, a tiny dose of sexuality can be there and make things more enjoyable without dominating the situation.

FireWolf78 likes this.
  20. nudony

nudony Member

There's a reason why there are "rules and etiquette" enforced at many nudist resorts. It's because some people have more trouble than others separating sexuality from nudism. The rules are in place to maintain a nudist environment where boundaries are maintained so that no one feels threatened.

What happens when the "rules" are lax or even non-existent? Well..it changes things, depending on the people attending. At one such venue, I've seen a guy walking around with a full erection and interacting "normally" with everyone; who weren't offended by it. Women lounged around in "relaxed" positions that might be deemed "too prurient" at regular nudist venues. Interactions were "up close and personal" to a degree that many "traditional nudists" might be uncomfortable with. For lack of better word, the environment was "spicier" than what one might find at an "AANR-affiliated" resort. Yet, no one was offended because everyone knew to expect a more "lax" environment. I would even say everyone there actually enjoyed and had fun "cutting loose" a little. Including my wife.

So yes; nudism and sexuality can overlap in varying degrees. Whether it's acceptable depends on environment, context and personal boundaries.

21. Steveh

Steveh Members

Agree very much we've been to Hedo and know this for sure

FireWolf78 likes this.