Senator wants to call a Constitutional Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sig, Aug 22, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My guess is that most corporations are run by conservatives. For damn sure the military is.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Roads are fixed by you and me through our tax dollars which go to government and then to contractors whose business it is to keep the roads drivable.

3. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Actually the top 1% was totally behind Obama in 2012.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/10/13/the-rich-support-mccain-the-super-rich-support-obama/

I think you Liberals are way too closed minded. Any type of government cuts impose on your perfect world of stealing from individuals, to give to individuals something they may or may not need. "Free" Pre k for example. As a taxpayer, I'm forced to pay for a service I may never need. That's outright theft whichever way you sugarcoat it.

Plus I don't want to abolish social security and human services right away, I'm more concerned with war spending and waste; Then, we'd probably have enough money with just the fair tax, to take care of individuals in need. But we don't need government force on non violent free people, excersizing their Rights. This is what I'd like to see in my lifetime. People need to be more self reliant and not so dependent on government. I do believe mankind can live in peace with no government, But that day is possible far away, or close at hand. (depending how things unfold)

Make no mistake though, my ideals do not support the corperate interests, that's why they were Lobbying Obama and Romney, but not Paul, because he defended individual freedom, and businesses/government don't.

4. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I agree, but with the amount of money they've taken, we could have silver roads, yet trillions are shipped overseas, billions lost and, 1 trillion spent on the war on drugs- I mean, the whole system is a criminal racket like the mafia, and any support for them, is support for violence; because we are too stupid appearantly, to be in control of our bodies, and cooperate with one another without governments pointing guns at people.

Liberals talk about the alleged "good" things of government, but can't begin to address the bad things, but to blame republicans. Whereas, you're virtually the same thing; You're both different 'Brands' of Tyranny.

5. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

There you go,Border enforcements all thats needed. Sod everything & everyone else,on planet Me First !

6. odonII

odonII O

I would imagine it was because he had/has zero chance of getting into the WH.

7. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

So how are you going to regulate the Corporations without Government,how are you going to create& reform the law? Without Government how do appoint Courts ?

8. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Actually, that's the story the mainstream media pushed. Ron Paul actually stacked up better against Obama than Romney. They "selected" Romney, even kicking out Ron Paul delegates and changing their own rules. So read up a little bit about what's happening on the ground here before you go spewing media head propaganda, that was used during the election to make Ron Paul look like a "fringe candidate."

9. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

There's only some regulations we need, not all these we have. First of all, I find it redundant and against our principles to bust little girls lemonade stands (which is happening today.) Secondly, I'm against the Federal Government, states, counties and local townships can form their own governance and have their own courts. This would at least take the power from corporations to control 313 million people and forcing them to obey arbitrary laws. The corruption is so deeply imbedded in the federal government, that the EPA and courts work for the benefit of the elites. Under my philosophy any industry that destroys your property (IE theft of the great Lakes by Nestle) could/would be sued out of existence by those property owners.

To live in a voluntary society, we all must agree.

We agree killing, stealing and lying is wrong; I believe, no one should do it, not even government,(unless in retaliation to direct violence.)

But I believe force being intiated against non violent people is always morally wrong, and the blind acceptance of that is dangerous.

10. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

These loyalist guvmint cheerleaders are a crack-up. No wonder they still have a monarchy. LOL. Just stay there. Please.

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Civil transportation system as entity. Direct investment no middle men.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

It has been my experience that most general grade officers don't fit into the conservative/liberal columns.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The constitution was written over 200 years ago. Things are just a little different today. Maybe an update? When was the last amendment? 1789?

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Technically the last one was ratified in 1992. Prior to that, 1971.

15. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

We received our Constitutional Rights from God, not from Government. The government loves people like you, cause you support them having more power than our Rights.

Meanwhile, if your hero Obama had his way, we'd only have the freedom to silently submit to government.

16. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Fucking insanity. Thats whats wrong with America. Religious politics.
    You fucking piece of shit morons, every last one of you. :biker:

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Technically we got our rights from the English Constitution (not a single document but centuries of edicts and legislation). It should be remembered that the colonists believed they were not being treated with the rights afforded to them by British law as natural born Englishmen (which the colonials believed themselves to be). The Constitution certainly sought to codify these rights to the new States, and Jefferson famously declared these rights to be inalienable and self evident; but the rights themselves come straight down from English philosophers like John Locke and the 'English Constitution'.

I think if we were to look for these rights in nature we would come up empty handed.

18. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I think we're entitled to these Rights. I believe because I am human, I am entitled to these Rights and no government can take those away from me. If they try, they are being unlawful and tyrannical. Furthermore, people only know what they learn. Thomas Jefferson, was probably amongst some of the first few generations on our continent, and had more of a shared culture with England. Infact, some wanted to make America a monoarchy. I'm not surprised and english philosopher "wrote" the Rights, if this is true,(It is interesting though) but I strongly believe these are the way to peace and happiness.

Things haven't changed that much. Even then, they knew the dangers of giving your power of self defense, to your government. Moreover, King George had placed many restrictions on the colonist, and would FORCE them to have an image of the king on ever piece of paper in their home. (and they'd kick in their doors to be sure they did!)

I think America was totally justified in leaving!

19. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Once again Stp intelectually overpowers the smug anti US euro leftist lack of mentality. The Constitution was formed from the Bible and Magna Carta. Not only is the Bible a gift from the Creator ; the ingeniousness of Personal Liberty and Self Government /Individual Responsibility are also gifts from God that euros can not seem to get. Speaking of not getting it ; hangover wishes to change the rules after more than 200 yrs. ; really?

Oh, hangover , The Magna Carta is not an expensive cigar. Read and learn. barry should as well.

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't think many people would argue that the colonists were unjustified in desiring Independence; the break had become inevitable. Even Winston Churchill in his History of the English Speaking Peoples is quite sympathetic to the cause. My point, however, is these rights that we speak of were not handed down by God (when does scripture ever speak of Man's rights?) but were invented by Men.

The Magna Carta is considered a part of the very same English Constitution I speak of. Of course it had religious overtones considering it was written and signed in the thirteenth century, and became a basis for which the English government would begin to define the rights and laws of its citizens.

I am curious in what way the US Constitution is based on the Bible.