Senator wants to call a Constitutional Convention

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sig, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Senior Member

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

What are they going to do? Reinstate "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency for the tenth time?

3. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

How about Reinstate the Constitution?

4. Sig

Sig Senior Member

It needs fixing, Stp. What constitutes "fixing" is a whole other mess though.

5. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

There's no government, like no government.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Sounds like politics as usual. Nothing will come of this. It's just noise.

7. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Does sound like, senator wants diamond studded belly button brush.

8. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Stpl gets it. Jefferson does as well , "the government that governs least, governs best". Let's convene to minimize the role the Fed wants to ursurp. Enforce the Constitution to one single role of federal government ; border enforcement. Oddly, the current regime has failed miserably at the one task being asked of them.

9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Great idea

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Might get tired of driving on roads that degrade to the point of impassibility. Although I guess I could put a fire out at my house by myself. Don't need the cops--I'm well armed. I could crap in my back yard---for a while. Might get thirsty if I don't have water to drink. Fuck a shower. Yeah--wish we had zero government involvement so we could do ANYTHING we want, any time we want to whomever we want. My neighbors have some good looking stuff. If the god-damned government would just get out of the way--I'd take their shit in a minute. Rules and such really get in my way.

11. roamy

roamy Senior Member

12. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

^^Thats right,and the Military could just hire themselves out as mercinaries to whoevers got money to pay,cops too,you could get rid of all those inconveinient laws like murder,ect. Wow the money you could save losing the Courts & the Prisons. Now thats what I call a free market !

13. scratcho

We need no stinkin law 'n order. The corporations will see that everything runs like clockwork. Fuckin' rules and regulations piss me off.

14. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Thats right Stpl has really thought this thru man ! No Government. We just do what the fuck we please & if anyone starts getting tyrannical,like suggests Democracy or Human rights & that shit,we just quote the 2nd Ammendment & shoot 'em.

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Yeah let New Jersey clean up their own hurricane mess. And that gulf spill, why use taxpayer money to clean that up, I don't live there.
    Fuck government, who needs 'em.

16. scratcho

And for gods sake lets get rid of that damned social security. Fuckin' old people are such leeches!! And medicare. The faster those old suckers die off, the better for the rest of us.

17. roamy

roamy Senior Member

and nuclear weapons

18. scratcho

Wonder who's paying the firefighters? Probably some charity.

19. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

That's not what I believe at all. Second Amendment is for self defense, not initiating violence; I want government to stop being the criminal Corperate Military-industrial complex it is. No federal government is the answer. Corporations do as they please NOW through government subsidize, bailouts and special benefits, so I guess you're not fully informed on the problem or my solution.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Texas already can't pay for their roads, they are replacing it with gravel. Corperations DO make roads, and actually maintain them (unlike government.) Government gets credit for fixing the crumbling "roads and bridges" but tell that to residence in NYC, Detroit or, texas. You guys are simply giving government credit for plugging the dam, so-to-speak.