Sell me on this christianity thing.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by puddin, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

just because you get a good feeling in you when you pray, does not mean that good feeling is God.

That could be explained in many ways.

'God' is just another attachment you should get rid of.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Most likely you have convinced yourself that feeling is God, but it may just but a normal feeling. Do you understand exactly how the human body works? do you understand how the universe works? I don't.

From what I know, the human mind is a powerfull thing. People who have been diagnosed with cancer and other diseases that have recovered, despite being told they had no chance, claim that God healed them. Most likely in beleiving god would heal them, they healed themselves. Mind over matter.

Try again

3. freedom101

freedom101 Member

im not saying anything about religion because its not my place to but i dont think it i right to ask people to sell you the christian thing because in the end its up to you

4. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Even if it's "fear". This "religion" is the only one where someone said. "I am the way, I am the truth, none shall get to the LORD but through me.", so I just go the safe way.
    And if the healing was not christian-related, then why does this only happen in church and by christian healers?

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i cant stand christianity.... why should you be taught to love, yet fear someone, the whole belief revolves around fear, "do this, or goto hell" I was more or less forced apon the beliefs of christians, my whole family being christian/catholic for that matter, made me goto CCD which was a late night christian class, teaching you the ways and whatnot of christianity... after years and years of it i realized how depressing it must be for hardcore believers to sit around and feel guilty all the time for the things they have done, i mean what kind of person would seriously believe that as a new born baby you're no more than a sin and will burn in hell if you're not baptised.... well thats just my 2cents

6. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

So if someone says everything else is bullshit, does that make them any more likely to be right? :confused:

And as far as the other, I'm sure you're aware that's just blatantly untrue. :rolleyes:

7. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

ryupower- i have a question for you in your first post in this thread...you said the only christianitly can God do things for you...I know of stories where Ganesh has visited a devotees house for supper cause He was invited, Christanity is not alone

why do all these threads turn into flame wars? why can't we be civil for once?

PS-arlia, love the new sig pic, i find it quite artistic

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

In effect, Islam claims the same thing for Mohammud - not directly but through the Koran. Those who disbelive will not get to Allah.

9. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

People have been doing all kinds of "spirit healing" and the like for thousands of years all over the world in the name of countless deities both good and evil. The claim that only approved Christian healers have ever done this and that it has only ever been done in Chrisitian Churches is ridiculous. Granted there is no compelling evidence to suggest that any of it, Christian or otherwise, was legitimate; but that is beside the point.

10. roly

roly Senior Member

wow! so aggresive...so passionate! hehe im a christian *this is the space to leave yuor judgements behind* and i think you're being incredibly generalised...i do see that there can be a grey area...i have been there...and im now commited to God...please be careful not to generalise...and we'll try not to do the same :)
    Roly.xxx

11. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

no offense, alex, but i dont think it's something to "sell" you on