Selective mutism?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by gEo_tehaD_returns, Mar 19, 2008.

1. snail

snail Member

You need to start off small. You can't just go full force and try to convince yourself that you don't have this problem anymore. Try talking to a couple people, then gradually work your way up to more people and situate yourself in groups of people. This will take time.

2. spectrum54321

spectrum54321 Member

i can so totally relate.

i've seen someone who said i had 'hyperfocus' which meant i focus too hard on one thing at a time.

i wonder if i have lazer vision!!!!!

3. spectrum54321

spectrum54321 Member

sorry that was completely not matching the mood here, just showing a bit of humor throughout the thread

:p

4. Silbo

Silbo Member

I can relate to alot of these feelings aswell.. but im starting to get over it and deal with it. I must admit though that i am not quite as bad as how some of you have described, but i am pretty insecure about myself when in public or uncomfortable environments and act unlike myself when under these certain conditions.

I just want to wish you guys luck with it, give it time i guess, i know its a pain in the ass but i guess you could call it all a big learning experience because im sure you have learnt alot about yourself and people in the process, i know i have.

I just keep telling myself that everyone is different, there is no normal and practice makes near perfect :)

Peace out Peeps, make it real!