Seen Naked by Mother in Law

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by ALAnonMan, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ALAnonMan

ALAnonMan Members

This past summer, my wife, kids, and I went on vacation with my in-laws. We shared a lovely condo on the beach. Since we were at the beach, I went shirtless most of the time and typically just wore my swim shorts or athletic shorts with no underwear around the condo.

I generally sleep naked, and one night after I had gotten into bed (naked as usual), my wife asked me if I would get her some water. I knew my mother in law was still out in the living area (she's a night owl), but I know she's not a prude, so when I went out there I warned her that I wasn't wearing anything. She was on her laptop and she said she wouldn't look. I told her I didn't care, I just didn't want her to be uncomfortable. My wife and I have been together for years, so I've known my MIL for a long time (ever since we started dating), and I've come to really like her a lot and I feel very comfortable around her, but have never been naked in front of her before. I really liked the experience, even though she didn't look at me (as far as I know).

A couple of nights later, I decided to go out to the kitchen to get some water, and I didn't bother putting any clothes on even though I knew she would probably be out there. Sure enough, she was and I didn't give her any warning this time. We made small talk, and when she realized I was naked, she kind of covered her eyes for a second, but then took them down and we resumed our conversation. She walked over to the counter to get something, so she was to my side, and I saw her checking me out. I didn't care, as it's only natural to check someone out when seeing them naked for the first time.

For the record, my wife knows about this whole incident and she doesn't mind. She said her mom isn't a prude, and it's fine with her for her mom to see me naked.

My relationship with my MIL hasn't changed one bit. If I continue to allow her to see me naked, is that inappropriate? Should I discuss it with her and make sure she doesn't mind? I just want to get feedback because I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but at the same time I love being naked as much as possible.

jaxxx13 and bill697cu like this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Dangerous waters, sharks may be in there.

3. ALAnonMan

ALAnonMan Members

Why's that, Zen? There's no sexual attraction between us. I'm 100% faithful to my wife. What specifically is dangerous about it?

4. ~Zen~

Seems innocuous at the start, always.

The dangerous part will come as soon as wifey figures out you are flirting with Mom... and that's what I see when you admit to doing it for the reaction.

You asked for an opinion...

5. ALAnonMan

ALAnonMan Members

Ahh I see. I don't look at it as flirting - frankly I'm glad there wasn't much of a reaction. Aside from her initially covering her eyes for half a second, there was no reaction at all.

I just like the freedom of it. It was thrilling in the sense that doing something new and unconventional is thrilling. It wasn't thrilling in a sexual way or sexually gratifying.

6. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

This is very common in a nudist environment or home. I think it's great to be comfortable with it amongst you all. Nothing dangerous about it unless you yourself are out to achieve more than nudity

ALAnonMan likes this.
  7. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

My mother in law has seen me naked dozens of times. First time was when we were on a shared cabin trip and she barged into our room to ask for the keys to our car (without knocking) and saw my morning wood. She started while I dug around for the keys. Being the very first time and completely unexpected and startling, I admit it was kind of fun and the liberating rush was absolutely amazing.

Another time, I was in the shower (bathroom door open because the exhaust fan didn't work). She came to the front door and my wife let her in. I opened the shower curtain and my mother in law was in line of sight.

We used to travel with my mother in law all the time and shared rooms with her. She and I would change into swimsuits in front of each other, no big deal (everyone else used the bathroom and took forever).

I have skinny dipped in front of her many times.

Never sexual and I don't do it to flirt, although she does stare every time like she has never seen it before.

bill697cu, ALAnonMan and Joshua Van like this.
  8. nudony

nudony Member

I ran into a similar situation during my first marriage. In my case my MIL knew about our proclivity for being naked at home. I had come home, disrobed as usual, and headed for the living room. What I didn't know was that my MIL had dropped in right after I had arrived; and as I walked towards the living room, she was standing right there. Her "surprised yet amused" reaction caused me to turn right around and go put on some shorts. It was never brought up or came up again.

I would find out later - and much too late as we relocated shortly after - that her reaction was just a natural response to seeing me naked for the first time. My wife confirmed that her Mom was actually ok with me being naked around her. The mistake I made was to not even bother discussing it with her. I had figured it was just "too weird" to be naked around my MIL after that interaction; without actually trying to find out what her feelings were about it.

If I could turn back the clock; I would totally sit down with her and discuss it. It would have been a simple: "As you know, I'm often naked at home. How do you feel about it? Does it make you uncomfortable in any way? Because your comfort matters to me."

On a side note; it turned out that she'd contemplated joining us nude for dinner a few times (as we often had dinner nude); but me staying covered around her gave her the impression that I did not want her to participate. Double bummer.

There's nothing "weird" about it if everyone is on the same page. It can be a little harder to wrap your head around when it's relatives vs. strangers at a resort; but if it's natural and non-sexual then it's not that much of a problem.

bill697cu and ALAnonMan like this.
  9. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

Regarding the post above, I had the opposite happen to me. I caught a friend topless on accident, and I felt badly about it and reacted in such a way that she covered up and never let me see her again. I was always confused about why she let others see her from time to time, but never me, although it was clear among our friend group that I was the most comfortable with nudity more than anyone. I guess my reaction was taken the wrong way and it screwed it up for 15 years or more.

I remember another time my mother in law saw me naked. My wife and I were at a hotel, and her sister and mom had their own room. They came over to our room to wait for us to get ready while I was in the shower. I heard them come in, but didn't think anything of it because I didn't care, of course.

I stepped out of the shower and was walking around the room naked to while I found my clothes that my wife had moved for some reason. Her sister got a good look, covered her face with a pillow, and laid back on the bed. Her mom stared at me intently the entire time even though she had seen me dozens of times by then.

My wife said that she told me they came in (I actually didn't hear her say anything). Then her sister said "why don't you get dressed in the bathroom?" and I said, "This is OUR room that you came into; it's not like I am walking around naked in YOUR hotel room." Then her sister said, "I get dressed in the bathroom, even if I am the only one staying in the room!" I thought that was the most bizarre thing I had ever heard.

Nudegardner, ALAnonMan and bill697cu like this.
  10. Jim270

Jim270 Members

This reminds me of something somewhat related. Decades ago MIL #1 saw me nude in the shower by opening the wrong door- in a house we had just rented and it was her first visit. Just an "oops" and a giggle.
    But then decades later, near the end of her life and that marriage I had some time alone with her and was able to open up about how her daughter never shared my enjoyment of casual/recreational nudity and how that was one of the factors that ultimately led to the demise of the relationship.
    I always knew that the MIL was not a prude, but found out to my very pleasant surprise that she was VERY supportive of my nudism and had in fact been quite a free spirit herself in her younger days. Had she married someone more like me she would have been the most enthusiastic social nudist imaginable.
    And since I asked her about this specifically, I might as well mention that when around nude men in an "appropriate" setting, she would in fact prefer that they "enjoy" being nude to their "heart's" content... Go figure!

Casaderio and bill697cu like this.
  11. Oral_Jim

Oral_Jim Members

Unfortunately my wife's mother has passed and although she new we were nudists she had no desire to join us and visit the resort with us.

So much for my mother/daughter fantasy.

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. ~Zen~

I am sorry for your loss.

You guys need to celebrate her life as Spring allows us all to get outside and be naked :)

13. Nooby1

Nooby1 Members

I am pretty sure that my MIL saw me skinny dipping a few years ago when she was visiting us. I haven't shared with most people that I like to be naked at home, so while she was visiting I stayed dressed. But after she went to bed, I went for a late night skinny dip in our pool. Her bedroom has a view to the pool, and I'm pretty sure I saw a silhouette of her by the window for a few moments. She never said anything to me about it.

bill697cu likes this.
  14. CanakedNB

CanakedNB Members

My MIL knew of our naked lifestyle. I would always dress up if I saw her come up the driveway, but one day we didn't hear her drive in while we we're out back tanning. She came around back and didn't blink an eye. She sat down and chatted with us for an hour. We didn't cover up. She left and that was that. Another time later again we didn't hear her and she came into the house without knocking as this is her routine. I quickly got up out of my chair and went to put something on. She said "no no, don't put something on for me." I said thanks and I'm happy your cool with it. Years have passed and now when she drops in and finds me or her daughter dressed she gives us a strange look, then asks if we are going somewhere. I've teased her over the years to join in or jump in the hot tub with us but she has no interest and that's ok!

~Zen~ likes this.