Seeing or touching the stars... have you?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

How many famous people you have talked to or seen somewhere?

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I mis-read this and thought it was going to be a trippy question.

I've only seen one star. Sally Struthers from All in the Family. LOL!

BUT

the best star i've ever seen was one when my husband and I were making out and seeing stars of our own when this one Meteorite fell from the sky. There was a huge flame and you could hear it sizzling. Twas very awesome.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I talked to Ariel Sharon about climbing trees when I was a kid :D

... and I know two of the last three presidents of Honduras personally, together with the IDF's head psychologist, and a bunch of rich jews.

Yes, capitalists and politicians :D

4. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

i recently talked to MC Lars on the phone..hehe..that was amazing...he's so nice and goofy.
    umm...i met the trumpetist of Blood, Sweat and Tears, he was really cute and nerdy.
    and The Guess Who..the lead singer was a handsome looking fella...and he was super nice to boot!

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the nearest stars i know anything about are something like ten lightyears away. also i don't think it's possible to get anywhere near the surface of one, if they even have what could be called a surface, without having becoming totally disfunctionaly crisped first.

stars = suns. i kind of thought everyone other then fanatics knew that.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

not many

not very interested in stars on earth
    :)

7. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I looked at the title and said "that thread doesn't sound too interesting at all" then I looked inside and it was me :)
    I have seen lots of famous stars in Westwood outside the UCLA campus area back in the 80's. Spoke to some of them shortly.

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

5 million.

9. ruski

ruski Senior Member

ive eaten in the same restaurant as larry king (live) and rosie o'donnell when i was in new york

i saw an aussie actor- the guy who plays the captain baddie in the first pirates of the carribean movie (i cant remember his name) and i waved to him from my car and he waved back when i was in beverly hills

i saw ryan reynolds at the movies in my city

i met a band here in aussie land before they were popular (the cat empire)

i dont really care about stars. generally people here dont give a shit. celebrities get pissed off that we don't treat them like royalty when they visit us. i love it here :)

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

lots of Boston politicians

late 80's - early 90's Celtics and Bruins team plenty of times in the locker rooms before and after games

11. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I also thought this was a "trippy" question! I have met some sort of famous people, no one like actors or rock starts though :tongue:
    But once, I was in deep meditation with a dear friend of mine, back when I used to meditate, and together we got lost in space and travelled relatively close to stars in space. But I have since come to realize that traveling the cosmos is a waste of time, it was a fun experience, but there are more important experiences to consider :)

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Did you give Larry Bird advice on how to beat the Magic/ Kareem combo while slapping him on the ass?