Seeing In Higher Dimensions On LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Silverbackman, Dec 22, 2006.

1. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

Time is real. It is the measurement of matter in motion.

2. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

there are two different veiws on time

3. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

personaly i think its nothing more than a way of speaking about and measuring events?

4. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

try to work around the thought that 2d and 3d arent dimensions. theyre something else. just try it.

and that then there is time. we know about time. we dont know what the 4th dimension is. we dont know what time is.

dimention is the reality that your in, mine being that dimentions arent real. cause im to arragont to see any other than mine, and if i do, its false.

basically im in a dimention with like, everything. like theyres only one.

you know how easy it is to come up with the idea of god? i could never of heard of god and id still make it up. and like, theyres different levels of god. like you see that level and then then theyres just more, period. it works so weird like that.

ive probably ventured through so many dimentions than three and it really doesnt matter cause i know theyres 3.

and its not even like im relying on it. or having faith. its just something i know. we only know 3 dimentions period.

what aer the others? theyre not even dimentions. what the hell are they? what are you guys talking about?

someone try to prove me wrong. i need to be proved wrong im stuck.

5. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

but dont get me wrong, i can see so easily how id seem close minded.

but, i think thats what dimentions are

6. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Time is real. Try to imagine existence without it. I'll bring back the loaf of bread analogy - each moment in time is like a slice of a loaf of bread. We only experience each slice at a time, but we constantly move onto the next slice, only to be able to remember each past slice as "what happened."

7. Hemisphere

Hemisphere Member

Jesus, tbh you seem to be a bit confused as to the definition of "dimension".

A dimension is simply a space between two points. A line is one dimensional because there's only one route from each point. A flat shape is 2 dimensional because there are two routes from each point, and a 3 dimensional shape has 3 routes from each point.

Add a 4th route and you're not really looking at a shape at all, just a collection of lines, so every object in our universe is limited to 3 dimensions.

Time is considered to be the fourth dimension because it measures the space between 3D objects at two different points in time, so the gap between an object at 3:00pm and 3:05pm is just like a 1 dimensional line on a piece of paper, connecting two points.

We only get into dimensions in the sense you're referring to them in, when we reach the 5th and 6th dimensions (and higher), and then we get into string theory, and the idea that for each minute action in the universe, brand new realities are born, and then things start to get complicated :)

8. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

This is exactly why i say there is not time, only space.

9. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Through Einstein's theories on relativity (though I forget exactly HOW this conclusion follows and from what) he arrived at the conclusion that time is an essential aspect of the universe, that it is in fact inseparable from space; thus he coined the term "spacetime."

On the very smallest of levels that are currently extremely accepted by physicists and the like, it takes time for the interactions between particles to take place. I defy you to prove that time does not exist.

10. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

space and time are pretty much the same thing it makes more sense to refer to it as space

11. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

(in my head) humans are time. "its the only i can think of right now though im probably wrong". -im so high right now.

...And it is, like. i always say that. but i guess even though im not that high

sometimes my friend will just like, pause and hell be like, "ADD". its so funny cause we dont know if he had A.D.D. or not.

lol, sometimes i think about having A.D.D. and it makes me want to get high. XD.

12. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

carlton is hilarious!!!

13. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

i think, dimensions have a different meaning than it does today if the average person heard dimensions. but then thats time for ya. lol

14. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

ok, so. there are in truth, only 3 dimensions. then there is time which some call the 4th. and then all of that creates a bunch of 5's and 6's and people think theyre are dimenions. muhahaha. actually i think they are "dimenions".

ok, if i were authority over sciense. id say there is only 3 dimensions. then you start claiming land and shit like we did to the indians, just kinda though. like, if you can "get through" scientifically and shit then you claim that as yours (legally, i guess) and in some great book, (or website) you learn that hears this place thats code for "a reality" or "thought" and it was taught to us by blah blah blah.

as you can tell, im totally bakaked right now.

and i lied a little, that claiming land statement was just my thing that america gives us. like my opinion, yea opinion.

15. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

16. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

But that's not the point. The video isn't for the purpose of proving that the dimentions as such, the idea of the movie is to help you think outside of your normal conception and see that there are ways outside of what you would normally think.

Space and time are actually different - time is a description of what happens when in any given dimention of space. Like I mentioned before, certain interactions in the universe take time to happen (I'm thinking on the level of molecules, there has to be a before and after for these interactions. Time is inherently necessary - I mean you can call it whatever you want and think up different ways of defining it and slicing it up....but it's always there, simply going on.

It's my opinion that we're not totally there yet in being able to comprehend everything in cosmology, but the theories that hold great potential predict more dimensions than the normal four we're used to, and it's all mathematics.

17. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

The video is very interesting. The 6 latter dimensions seem to be temporal (time) though. Where does that leave higher spatial dimensions.

Of course our very idea of space and time being so different maybe very flawed. Perhaps all high dimensions are temporal and there are no spatial dimensions in the traditional sense (which could explain why it is impossible to understand high spatial dimensions). Time could very well be a as much as a physical dimension as length width of height, it is just so much harder to imagine spatially. Perhaps if we were 6D creatures we would be able to look at the 4th dimension as a shape instead of time.

Imagine being able to travel in the 10th dimension! You could literally go anywhere you want (since all possible realities exist at the multiversal level). Perhaps we can reach the 10th dimension by expanding our consciousness through meditation and psychedelics! Which may explain how people can percieve and experience higher dimensions and how such mind exercises can reach you to enlightenment, discovering the godhead within you being able to create any reality at will.

Oh sorry I brought mysticism into a science discussion.:blush:

18. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

so is the 4th dimension time* or is the 4th dimension time doing something? hmm?

19. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

its time dancin' to thriller

20. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Let's re-word that: so is the third dimension depth, or is the third dimension depth doing something?

Are you serious, or do you just post random comments on these boards as a source of amusement? Or are you so spun out that you can't keep hold of reality? Do you realize that you asked a meaningless statement in an attempt to sound really smart, as if you were somehow extravagantly refuting a really famous theory.

Time doesn't "do" anything, it's just the measurement of movement in space. Like, you are at the door, and then later you're across the room. You had to move there somehow, and no matter how fast you moved that movement took time.

Let me give you another example out of a book. Imagine that you're meeting someone at their house. They live in the city, so you need the cross street of their apartment. Say it's...6th street and 22nd. That's two dimensions. You also need to know which floor they live on - that's the third dimension. So you have your position within the Cartesian plane that you learned about in high school. Now, how do you know when you're supposed to be there? You also need to know what time to arrive there, or else you might end up at your friend's place when they're not home. That's the fourth dimension.

I'll say it again - imagine each moment of time as a slice of bread, and the whole of your life is the loaf of bread. Maybe a book would work too - each moment is a piece of paper, the book is your life up until now; at a larger scale it can represent all of time together.