seeds in pot

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by STeReOTyPic_BC_STONE, Jun 2, 2004.

1. STeReOTyPic_BC_STONE

STeReOTyPic_BC_STONE Member

umm i smoke weed quite alot and i have bought probly a few oz's over the last few years but ive never got a seed in my pot. today i found one. is this some really rare luckly thing or is this just a case of the dealer not picking it out. how many seeds do i need till i can try growing.

2. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

you're lucky you haven't found seeds in your pot if you've been smoking for so long, assuming when you buy you get the whole buds instead of shredded up shit...

it means its more potent

however, if your dealers do pick out the seeds, chances are that seed's worthless...one seed could grow into a plant if you take care of it right, so its not like you need a lot, but if you seriously wanna start growing, you should order from a seed bank

3. Paulncaroline

Paulncaroline Member

Seeds usualy means that your female plant was near a male plant when it flowered and was "spermatized" or maybe that plant was a hermi. Oh and seeds usualy mean less potent because the plant waist energy on the seeds instead of concentrating it all into producing T.H.C.

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

No it doesnt mean its more potent, its actually gonna be less potent. Like the post above me said, it must of been near a male and been fertalized. When a seed is made, the plant is spending its energy on those seeds, instead of just on the buds. It doesnt mean you got shitty dope though, unless theres an incredible amount of them.

5. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Shit, i just repeated exactly what the one guy said, damnt

6. marko

marko Member

The replies are true - but probably not quite what has happened.

If you are growing a sensimeilia crop (seedless) then all plants will be females and the males removed to prevent pollination and seed production.

Bagseed is not found very often because commercial growers are growing only fems - they do not want pollination, because not only will it reduce potency it will also reduce the weight of the bud - and that is what they are after.

Most 'bagseed' is due to the cannabis plant having the potential to be hermaphrodite - ie male and female on on single plant.
    This condition usually happens when the plant is stressed in some way, most of the time only one tiny, tiny male flower may appear which the grower doesn't spot - this plant will 'self pollinate' and usually you will only get one or two seeds.

Now remeber back to biology - male meets female etc etc - roughly equal chance of male or fem baby.
    But we only have a female canna plant that has been forced to produce a male flower and pollen - this pollen would have no male genetic material (in theory) and therefore bag seed from commercially grown weed will usually (and I say usually) give you a female plant.

I have planted bagseed before and gotten some very, very good plants.
    One good seed is all you need, if it turns out to be a good female you can clone a forest from it.
    If it came from good potent smoke I would certainly germinate it - get all the info you need from www.ukcultivator.biz

BTW - dealers do not and would not take the time to pick seeds out of weed.

Peace

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Heavily seeded weed from south of the border is the results of males being left to grow among the hundreds or thousands of female plants. It ain't Kansas you know. It's a primative operation. They need the seeds to grow the next crop, so they grow seeded plants.

One or two stray seeds are usually from a herme and aren't really what you want to grow. But I'll do, if that's all you got.
    Grow that baby!

8. bye-byethepound

bye-byethepound Member

I had a dealer who picked out the seeds.

9. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

hahahaha i believe the term you're looking for is 'seeding'... when i lived in Egypt (and by the way, i've got an apartment in Van in Point Grey) and i used to score bud we'd get easily over a hundred seeds. After the first couple times you get the technique down for seeding, it's actually pretty cool, it's like you're preening your weed, clearing it of all blemishes to make it pure. Oh well, don't sweat it, i never get seeds when i pick-up in van. I'd say eat it. hehe

10. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

yeah it does mean its more potent, i was talking about bud without seeds, i was telling him why he was lucky, read the first sentence

11. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Damn, I must be retarded or something?- Now when i read it a second time, i knew what you were saying, Sry bout that John-The-pothead

12. PsyChOStaLk3r

PsyChOStaLk3r Member

i dont care what anyone says...weed with seeds suck!!! im sorry but no matter hwta logical terms you use, i have been smoking weed for years now, atleast six or seven years, and i smoke all of the time 24/7 and thats the truth, i deal the shit for cryin out loud, and every time i smoke the middy's or the shred's i find that IT STRIAGHT UP SUCKS!!!!! seeds and stems are not good i dont care what anyone says, the only time it could ever be good is if it was home grown!!!! and finding good kindbud that's homegrown is hard to find, its ussually transfured back and forth thru dealers!!!!

SEEDS SUCK!

13. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

You started smoking when you were in the 3rd or 4th grade?

14. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

BULLSHIT!

I'm toking a seedy skunk#1/ Northernlights cross right NOW that will KICK YOUR LAME DITCHWEED SELLING ASS!

15. PsyChOStaLk3r

PsyChOStaLk3r Member

:) i am proud to say the first time i smoked a joint was in the fourth grade, it was in the woods at the playground down the street from me the best day of my life and ever since i've been smoking!!!!

16. EasyRider

EasyRider Member

I was reading up on this today. If you have seeds in it then it means the plant was either male or there were male plants near it. Female plants have seed pours but because they don't produce them, the pours fill with highly concentrated resin and therefore making it more potent. No seeds = female plant and usualy good weed although you can get great weed with seeds in.

17. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

haha gecko just shut down psychostalk3r . i love it !
    good find easy rider , and the rest who clarified it.

18. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Males don't produce seeds.

Pollinated females do.

Females have flowers, not pores.

If the plant is pollinated late in flowering, there is a qualtive difference, but not a quantative one.

The reason seedless weed is general stronger is because it simply grows longer and has more time to produce cannabinoids than weed grown in a natural cycle.