seedling plugs - what to use

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by saltypimp, Mar 13, 2008.

1. saltypimp

saltypimp Member

Hi -

I have a 10x20 Hot House Propagation Kit w/heat mat
    What im asking is, what growing plugs are thre b est for cannabis seedling germination... im looking at these 3 though...

ReadyGro 1.5x1.5 organic grow plugs or the Jump Start 100% Coconut Fiber Grow Plugs and rapid rooters

or are there better ones to use

thanks

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I used to really like rockwool for its ease and uniformity. Just be sure to pH adjust the cubes overnight before using.

3. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

I like rapid rooters:>)

4. greenthumbs

greenthumbs Member

I use 1/2 inch rock wool cubes. Let's them develope roots easier. That is if you are not using soil. If you do use soil than coco fiber is good. And add a little vinegar to your water that you put the rockwool in to flush it before you use for transplants and seedlings --if you don't have soft water.

5. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

I used some coco ones once, they didn't swell very big and were too loose and airy. I'd advise against them unless they look good and plump.

6. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

rapid rooters work well!

7. Trader

Trader Member

I use the little flattened peat moss pots from the hardware store for seeds. The peat pots swell up...and you can take the germinating seed and place it exactly how you want.

I've only used rockwool for clones...which then go into soil later.

8. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

Peat pellets are so handy for seedlings eh. Like Trader sais, ... get your sprouting seeds and use a pair of tweezers to point them root down so they get off to a good start with the minimum of effort.
    I find peat pellets are pretty good for cloning too.