secret/concealed door to grow room

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by seamonkey, Aug 25, 2005.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey Member

I'm in the process of setting up a new grow room in a portion of a large and seldom used closet. Any ideas on how to best hide the door/entrance? I've heard of secret doors, but can't seem to find any hard info.
    Thanks for any help.

2. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

I'm not too sure, but you might be able to remove part of the wall and connect hinges or something. I dunno, just trying to help.

3. ezyrider50

ezyrider50 Member

i saw something about a false door one time on the internet. Look around and use good search keywords and your bound to find something. i can't remember the site right now but i t was really interesting because it showed you how to do it. It was pretty cool because anyone could enter and never figure out where the door was. It just basicaly looked like an empty closet. it'' cost you $$$ though.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Member

Thx all. I've got the principal idea in mind, just looking for ways to detail it out.
    Peace

6. brandonveg

brandonveg Member

i have a litle room like that......there is a secret room in my closet....there is a small door at the bottom of th closet wall that you have to crawl through to get into the room, but once you are in there it is about the size of any other room......i just put a small bookshelf in front of the door.

7. busker alley

busker alley Member

most are hidden doors with bookshelfs...even ann franks

8. b18bDC2

b18bDC2 Guest

My friend dug a hole IN his kitchen,dug stairs all the way underground,and about a 6 foot tall,10 foot long 10 foot wide room. He had lights,irrigation,ect. all hooked up. He covered it with a large pantry.

Kinda neat,but it really shows what lengths you can go to to hide it if you want to.

My idea would be to put clothes racks with clothes on them on the section of wall you're going to use inside the closet. Make it look as normal as possible. hell throw the vacuum cleaner in there and some old shoes.

9. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

thats because theyre secret:D:p

there are expensive professionally installed ones (as on the hiddendoors site), or you can make your own.

simply remove an aduquetely sized section of wall (preferably along the walls own seams/cracks/grooves) and hinge it to swing into the wall (you dont want handles).

cover it with clothes rack/tapestry/beanbag/etc based on its location

10. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

Oh man, you guys are giving away all your secrets...and worse, b18bDC2, gave away his friends.

It just goes to show, that no matter how well you make a hiding place, the most important rule is to tell nobody. That's how they always find those really great hiding places. You tell your friend, and it's just too cool an idea not to share with a few other friends...and so on.

I know it's just the some forum on the Internet and we all talk about what we do, but something about giving info about a really secret hidden grow room seems to be silly.

11. Grower420

Grower420 Guest

large bookcase and making it look natch says win for me