Second Best?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Dvjesb9, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Dvjesb9

Dvjesb9 Members

To cut a long story short, I have been seeing/speaking to a guy for the past ten weeks or so.

He initiated everything and chased me to begin with, and I’ve ended up really liking him.
    Over the past week he’s backed off a little and told me he just wants to be friends as he doesn’t think he will ever be as happy as he was with his ex wife with anyone.

How do we just be friends?
    Should I just wait for him to contact me again and hope he changes his mind?

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i can't see why he would change his mind. it sucks but i'd accept that as fact and get on with things.
    if he changed his mind, would you really trust it had changed anyway? wouldn't you wonder if it was just going to change again?

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this is kind of my area of expertise. the answer: drink heavily.

GLENGLEN, cindy94 and MikeE like this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I would just move on. He could be one of those guys who just likes the thrill of the chase to boost his ego. .

I am sure its through no fault of yours and you should try and forget about it. Obviously if you bump into each other again just be polite and say hello.

5. Slutty Sue

Slutty Sue Visitor

Move on. Its never going to work with him

6. Kimmiescock

Kimmiescock Members

If he's backed off already and is distancing you what do you think he'll do if you let him into your life further and fuck up the life you have now that you are familiar with who will be around and who won't/?

6Sailor9 likes this.
  7. Bjgirl

Bjgirl I’m just having fun!

There’s always friends with benefits!

6Sailor9 and Jumper58 like this.